at our Open Days
I want to work in Voluntary Work
Volunteering in Kent
- Do-It search volunteer opportunities by Kent
- Links to local volunteer organisations from KCC
- Kent Libraries runs a volunteering scheme
- Kent and Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership Trust – various volunteering opportunities from hospital shops to occupational therapy
- Kent Police
- The Kent Association for the Blind supports sight impaired people to live independent lives. We are currently looking for Canterbury-based volunteers to help us with a range of activities from fundraising to befriending. We reimburse mileage at the rate of 40p per mile, and full training, a DBS check, and support is given. Please contact 01227 763366 or email email@example.com for an application form or more information.
- Kent Wildlife Trust Needs volunteers to help on various wildlife reserves in Kent
- Kentish Stour Countryside Partnership manages countryside and urban green spaces throughout the Stour Valley promoting habitat management, recreation and education in natural sites in East Kent, including Canterbury and surrounding areas. We are always looking for student volunteers to help on tasks which provide a worthwhile extra-curricular activity and something positive to add to their CV. Recent and ongoing projects have included meadow mowing in Tyler Hill and making and installing wildlife boxes at Sturry Road Community Park. East Kent Hospitals are looking for volunteers at QEQM Hospital-Margate, William Harvey Hospital-Ashford, Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Buckland Hospital - Dover and Royal Victoria Hospital- Folkestone.
Some of the varied roles available are:
- Ward Helpers – patient surveys, serving meals and running errands
- Admin help
- Volunteer Gardeners
- Chaplaincy Volunteers
- Reception Support e.g. supporting reception staff and signposting patients around the hospital sites.
Before you volunteer
Please note that the above links do not imply any recommendation of any organisation and you are recommended to investigate all opportunities carefully before applying.
Before you commit yourself, make sure you know all about the project. Questions you might want to ask include:
- Why was this project set up, who by and when?
- What will your actual day-to-day involvement be?
- What support will you get?