Tax is a fast moving industry which offers a structured career path and possibilities of travel. It might suit you if you have an interest in law as well as finance. Tax affects every person, company, and organisation so there are a lot of opportunities in this field.
There are three main areas in tax:
- Corporate- tax related to companies
- Personal- tax related to individuals
- Indirect- tax on goods and services
Two main rules in tax include compliance which is the paperwork side of tax, and consultancy which is to do with advising on tax e.g regulations and loopholes.
What can you expect from a career in tax?
These sources will allow you find out more about what to expect from a career in tax.
Find out more
- Inside Careers “all you need to know about the leading tax graduate recruiters and their graduate tax jobs, internships and placements”
- HM Revenue and Customs has a graduate programme and a facebook page
- HMRC Tax Professional profile from Prospects
- Tax Adviser profile from Prospects
- Taxation.co.uk news, resources and jobs
- Careers in Chartered Accountancy-Tax