International applicant FAQs

Here you can find our FAQs designed specifically with our international applicants in mind.

Your application

It may be possible for you to begin in the second year of a Kent course, depending on the topics you have covered in the first year of your degree. Please contact us via to find out if you may be eligible. We do not accept students into the third year of our programmes, and we are unable to accept students into the second year of our courses offered by the Kent and Medway Medical School.  

We work with a network of agents across the globe who can provide support with your application or visa application. For their contact details, please click on your country page, and then ‘Our representatives’.  

For information about our English language requirements, please visit the following pages:

We currently have some Postgraduate taught programmes with January start dates. These are our courses in the Brussels centre, the LLM programme in Kent Law School and MSc Project Management at our Medway campus.

Please check our January start webpages for more information.  

We also offer an International Foundation Programme with a January/February start. Please visit the course page for further information.

International students may be eligible to apply for the following scholarships, however please do check the criteria before applying. This is not a comprehensive list, so please refer to our main scholarships pages or your Scholarships webpage within your KentVision portal, to see if there are any other scholarships you may be eligible for 



  • International Scholarships for Taught masters students – Round 2
  • British Council GREAT Scholarship: China, India, Kenya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Thailand
  • British Council GREAT Scholarship for Justice and Law: Thailand
  • Many Schools offer their own scholarships for international students, so please refer to the School pages for further information.


If you are worried that you are going to be late arriving because you are waiting for your CAS or visa, please contact us via so that we can discuss your options. Some courses do allow you to arrive late, but permission must be granted by your School.

Yes, once you are in UK you will need to show your vignette to collect your Biometric residence permit (BRP) within 10 days of arrival. 

At Kent we are an official collection location for students to be able to collect your BRPs from and we recommend you do so for ease. In order to collect from the campus, when applying you will need to select the University of Kent ‘ACL code’ on your application form. 

Further information available here.  

Arriving in the UK

Yes we will be running several sessions specifically for our international students.

Full details will be available on our welcome event pages shortly.   

Your studies

It is essential that you enrol online as soon as possible. Look out for your 'How to enrol' email in your applicant portal in-tray.

Registration will take place remotely. You don’t need to do anything further once you’ve completed your enrolment – we’ll let you know by email when your registration is complete and you are officially registered as a University of Kent student. We’ll also let you know how you will receive your KentOne student ID card.

For more information about this, please visit our ‘how to enrol’ page  

International student support and health

Our National Health Service (NHS) provides a range of services for both UK and international students and these are available for you to use if you need them. 

The University provides a range of welfare services including counselling, mental health and wellbeing support. The College Life Team is your first port of call; they can provide lots of information about the support and advice you can access at Kent. You can also email the Dean for Internationalisation’s Office.

At Kent, we have an International Hardship Fund which can provide financial support to current international students experiencing emergency situations.  Please contact us if you would like further information on this.

If you haven’t been vaccinated, you will be able to get a Covid-19 vaccine in England if you would like one. All international students can have access to the COVID-19 vaccination while studying in the UK. You will not be charged for this vaccination. 

You will need to make sure you are registered with a General Practitioner (GP) who will contact you directly to book your vaccine via an online or telephone system when it is appropriate to do do.

The NHS provides specific Covid-19 advice through the NHS online service and by calling 111. 

Further details are available here.

Last updated