Applications for full-time undergraduate courses must be made through UCAS Apply. International students can also apply through UCAS with the assistance of one of Kent's overseas representatives. See how to apply for undergraduate study.
If you are applying for a subject-specific foundation programme, you apply in the same way as for a three-year undergraduate degree.
Applications for our International Foundation Programme (IFP) can be made:
- directly to Kent via the International Foundation Programme site
- via one of Kent's overseas representatives
- via UCAS. If you are submitting other applications to Kent through UCAS, your IFP application must also be made through UCAS.
- Students from the EU are advised to apply by 15 January
- Students from outside the EU should aim for 15 January to guarantee consideration. However, if places are left, we may consider applications up to 30 June.
A process called 'Clearing' takes place in July and August, running from 1st July annually. We will provide an updated list of all of the Kent degrees that still have places available once Clearing opens – this can give you another chance to apply. For more information on how the Clearing process works and how to apply, please see Clearing at Kent for details.
Applications to our Postgraduate programes are made via the online directly to the University of Kent.
For international students, the deadline for applications to taught Master's programmes is 31 July.
Although there is no fixed closing deadline for applications to research degrees, we strongly recommend that you apply as soon as possible; no later than three months before your intended start date. The University has three PhD entry dates during the academic year: September, January and May. Entry to a Master’s by Research is in September only.