Find out how you can start a career in transport and logistics. Here we list potential job roles and some of the leading companies in that sector.
Transport and Logistics
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Career (CILT) profiles
Aviation, Manufacturing logistics, Procurement, Humanitarian aid logistics, Supply chain management
- British International Freight Association
- Transport Planning Society
- Department for Transport
- Institute of Highways and Transportation
- Jobs in Transport jobs in all aspects of transport.
- Gist provider of distribution services.
- Hoyer organises world-wide transports for the chemical industry
- Royal Mail
- John Swire & Sons activities include aviation and shipping, with extensive interests in the Far East .
- Oceanic Resources International Recruitment specialists in Logistics, Supply Chain, Freight Forwarding, Shipping and Transport.
- Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport
- Logistics Manager provides news and resources, as well as job vacancies, for logistics professionals.
- Logistics Job Shop leading, recruitment agency for people seeking a career in the logistics industry.
- Barclay Meade supply chain, logistics and transport jobs.
- CASTUK specialise in procurement, supply chain and logistics recruitment.
- DHL UK based and global internships and graduate jobs
Land transport – road and rail
- Autocity Institute of the Motor Industry resource which covers every job in the motor industry. Information on salary, skills and qualifications required, case studies and details of career path opportunities.
- Eurostar Rail passenger services through the Channel Tunnel. Eurostar's head office is based at Waterloo; their call centre is in Ashford and offers part-time employment opportunities for students and graduates;
- Eurotunnel Eurotunnel manages the infrastructure of the Channel Tunnel and operates the freight and passenger vehicle-carrying service from Folkestone to Calais
- Arriva bus and rail transport in 9 European countries
- National Express Group
- Network Rail
- Railnews Railnews reports on issues affecting the railways and the businesses and people behind them, as well as current events. Regular features include news from British Transport Police, The Institution of Railway Operators, Metro and Rail Businesses.
- Stagecoach Group
- Transport for London
- Merchant Navy Officer profile
- Careers at Sea careers website of the Merchant Navy Training Board (MNTB). Has list of Merchant Navy training companies.
- Royal Fleet Auxiliary the supply ships for the Royal Navy
- Lloyd’s list directories of 1000’s of shipping companies worldwide
- The Nautical Institute for general advice on shipping-related careers
- Maersk shipping company with graduate training scheme
- P&O Ferries ferry and cruise line operator
- Dover Harbour Board
- Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (ImarEST) jobs and recruitment information.