Find out how you can start a career in Digital Marketing. Here we list potential job roles and some of the leading companies in that sector.
This is a rapidly growing area, using channels such as e-mail, websites, social media and texts to promote products, services and events to a targeted audience.
What the work involves
- Social media marketing: building up an online presence by attracting internet followers.
- Search engine optimisation: increasing the number of visitors to a website.
- Mobile marketing: through apps and sms.
- Contributing to blogs.
- Uploading images to the company website.
- Conducting key research and web statistics reporting.
- Keeping up to date with digital trends.
- Pay per check
- Electronic billboards
- Digital channels
- Digital copywriter
- Digital marketer
- Social media manager
- Digital marketing overviews
- What Makes a Digital Marketer? – Guardian article
- How to get into digital marketing
Digital Account Managers coordinate digital marketing campaigns and the various people involved in them. Their activities may include market research, liaison with clients, integrating digital marketing with traditional marketing methods and monitoring the impact and success of campaigns.
Search Engine Optimisers aim to increase the number of “hits” on a particular site and increase its Google ranking by persuading other key sites to link to it, and also by making sure that particular keywords are used on the site. Prospects Profile of SEO Specialist.
- Merkel Periscopix
- Dare interactive marketing agency with a graduate training scheme
- Deeson - Canterbury digital design and marketing. Recruit in web development and digital marketing. Every month Deeson run a Digibury meet-up event on the University of Kent campus for digital and creative types - well worth attending!
- icrossing - digital marketing company
- iProspect - buy and track accountable media through multiple digital channels with a measureable purpose.
- Jellyfish - constantly looking for graduates or training interns with a vision towards a career in digital marketing. Also have offices in South Africa and Baltimore, USA with placement opportunities available.
- Profero - A UK based interactive agency focusing solely on online marketing.
- Reddico - Co-founded by a Kent Graduate, Reddico are a digital agency based in Maidstone and are constantly on the look out for graduates and interns to join their team. A wide range of digital careers are available with full training and support.
- Quba - Sheffield-based digital advertising agency
- Search Laboratory - Always have wide range of graduate jobs available
- Sumo Creative - Digital media head-hunting agency in Bromley. Recruit for roles at every level in all areas of digital media/marketing including search, social media, creative, performance, content and sales. Looking to employ a graduate to join recruitment team in the next few months.
- VML London - Digital marketing agency
- Atom42 London - Employer of graduates and entry level digital professionals. Have a graduate specific event coming up and will continue to look for grads to join the company.
Find out more
Useful job sites for Digital Marketing
- Bubble Jobs - Superb information on all aspects of a career in digital marketing
- The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing -
offers qualifications in digital marketing
- 10 Minutes With - Digital Marketing Interview. A career in digital marketing is not for everybody! You have to be sharp and on the ball, love online interaction and be quick with the ideas and plans.
- Brand Republic - site for the online advertising, marketing, media and PR sectors, with news, events and jobs.
- Wired Sussex - Digital media news and jobs in Sussex
- Neil’s Recruitment Co - totally non-for-profit recruitment agency for digital marketing.
- Spotlight Recruitment - London-based agency specialised in sourcing talent across a range of marketing roles, including generalist marketing, digital marketing, communications, email marketing, creative and agency, media and more. Also assist candidates with their Careers Clinics.
- Opilio Recruitment - Digital Media, Mobile & Technology recruitment specialists working with big companies such as Universal Music, BBC, Disney and Penguin Random House UK. With offices in London, Birmingham and Manchester, we have the network and the reputation to make things happen. Established in 2010, we have consistently grown our business, being awarded numerous awards for our services in the past 2 years.
- Mad Staff - has copywriting posts
- Ignite.Digital Talent - specialist digital recruitment agency
- AdExchanger - digital media optimisation