SharePoint Online is our new staff intranet (Kent Community). It lets us create websites to share information and collaborate with staff both within our teams and across the University.
Introducing Kent Community
SharePoint Online is being developed as a new staff intranet for the University. Named Kent Community, it has just launched with a support website for site owners and editors to help you get started.
- Websites for your department, division and smaller teams
- Document libraries with built-in document management features to tag and organise content
- Custom lists/databases to store and search information
- Project management features such as task lists and timelines
How to use SharePoint
Access SharePoint from a web browser
- Go to Office.com
- Log in with your Kent username followed by @kent.ac.uk
- For username abc123, this would be email@example.com
- You might need to complete a second security step when off campus (MFA)
Request a SharePoint site
Security and sensitive data
Read this security and sensitive data advice if you need to store sensitive data.
Help and feedback
Getting started with SharePoint Online
- Support for using SharePoint online: Kent Community
- Where to start? Planning your Kent Community site
SharePoint Online video training (Microsoft)
Ask us a question
Get in touch to ask for help or give us feedback