SharePoint Online is being developed as a new staff intranet for the University. Named KentNet, it has just launched with a support website for site owners and editors to help you get started.
- KentNet Support Site - what is KentNet and how can I use it?
- Where to start? Planning your KentNet site
- Websites for your department, division and smaller teams
- Document libraries with built-in document management features to tag and organise content
- Custom lists/databases to store and search information
- Project management features such as task lists and timelines
Why we have two SharePoints
The University has used SharePoint 2013 for a few years, and it will continue to run until December 2022.
SharePoint Online is new, and offers us new features. It makes it easy to create visually appealing websites. It will fully replace SharePoint 2013 in December 2022.
Request a SharePoint site
Security and sensitive data
Read this security and sensitive data advice if you need to store sensitive data.