Student voice

There are a range of opportunities for you to give feedback, so you can find the right way for you. Let the University and Kent Union know what you think. Together we can make positive change.

Complete your module feedback forms

Feedback to your course leaders and change your course for the better. Staff value your opinions. Let them know what is working for you and what could improve your learning experience.

Complete key surveys

Make sure to complete key surveys in the Spring Term, such as:

The results of these surveys help feed into university policy so don't miss out on the opportunity to share your experience. 

Speak to your school Academic Adviser

You can speak to a member of staff or your Academic Adviser if you are having a problem. Academic Advisers have been introduced across all academic schools to provide you with individual advice and guidance to maximise your academic and personal development.   

Find out more about academic advisers

Kent Union

Kent Union are your students' union, representing the student voice since 1965.

Kent Union logo
Kent Union.

Contact your Kent Union Officers

Kent Union Officers are full-time elected students who work to represent you. Your 2019 officers are:

  • Josh Frost: Students' Union President  
  • Victoria Saward-Read: Vice-President Academic Experience
  • Aldo Manella: Vice-President Student Engagement
  • Aisha Dosanjh: Vice-President Welfare and Community
  • Laura Carlin: Vice-President Postgraduate Experience

Your KU Officers are there to help with any issues at both Canterbury and Medway campuses. 

Learn more about your KU Officers

Kent Union Student Networks

Kent Union have a number of Student Networks to ensure your voice is represented- LGBTQ+, BAME, Faith, Women's, Accessibility, Team Kent, Activities, Mature and part-time, International, Sustainability, Postgraduate and Academic. Student Networks as a way for you to feedback to both the Union and the University.

More about Student Networks

Submit an idea to Kent Union's 'ChangeIt' platform

Got an idea for something you want to change on campus? You can submit your idea to ChangeIt. Your idea will be reviewed and if plausible it can be voted on by other students. If it reaches enough votes, Kent Union will work to implement your idea!

Submit an idea to ChangeIt
Change It logo
Kent Union.

Contact your Kent Union Student Rep

Student Reps act as the link between the student body, Kent Union and the University. Each course and stage of study will have a rep. You can go to your Student Rep if you have any queries or suggestions about your course.  

There are also School Reps who represent all students within their school and work closely with Student Reps in their school. 

At Medway? See Medway Academic Reps.

Find your Student Rep
Two students holding board that says "I am a Kent Union Student Rep" and smiling
Kent Union.


GKSU is a dedicated and tailored student union service for Kent and Greenwich students studying at Medway. They are committed to being the voice of Medway, ensuring you have the means to make positive changes. “No decision about you, without you.” 

Gk Unions logo
Gk Unions.

Speak to a GKSU staff member or complete the online form

Speak to a member of GKSU staff in the Student Hub, or complete the online form to ensure your voice is heard. This can be something positive, a pressing concern or a suggestion to make something better. 

Complete online form

Get in touch with your GKSU Academic Rep

Academic Reps  are the key link between students, GKSU and the University. 

You can contact your Academic Rep about any issues on your course. They will then feed this back to the University and Union so that we can help shape your academic experience for the better.

Learn more about Academic Reps
lecture theatre showing back of students heads, with Kent Union banner in the background
Gk Unions.
Last updated