Visitor Wi-Fi is also available on campus.
Set up eduroam
You can get Wi-Fi-ready before you arrive on campus (you don't need to be in range of the eduroam signal):
- Run our Wi-Fi setup tool on each device: your mobile phone, tablet and/or laptop
- If you're in a Canterbury bedroom, here's how to get your laptop online
- If you're on campus and can't access the setup tool you can use our Wi-Fi manual setup instructions instead
Your Wi-Fi username
You need to enter your Kent IT Account username followed by @kent.ac.uk
Visitors with eduroam
Log in with your home institution details. If you don't connect straight away, check your connection settings have:
- Security type set to WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type set to AES.
Please use WiFi Guest.
How to reset your username or password
If you need to re-enter your Wi-Fi username or password, you might have to delete your old eduroam settings and stored passwords.
Here's how to do this on a laptop:
Windows 10 or Windows 11
- Click the Wi-Fi icon.
- Then Network Settings.
- Manage Wi-Fi Settings.
- Choose eduroam and then select Forget.
- Press enter on your keyboard.
- If you also need to remove saved passwords, open Credential Manager and click on any that include kent.ac.uk in their name and remove them.
- Click the Wireless icon (top right).
- Then Open Network Preferences, then Advanced.
- On the Wi-Fi tab, highlight the eduroam profile and then click the - button under the box.
- OK and Apply.
- You might need to delete any saved passwords, which will be listed as xxx.kent.ac.uk in Keychain.
Make eduroam your default - remove WiFi Guest
How to make eduroam your default Wi-Fi network when on campus.
Travel with eduroam
More than 10,000 eduroam hotspots are available at universities, research centres, academies, many schools, and other research and education institutions in more than 100 territories around the world.
Your Wi-Fi connection should work automatically when you pick up the signal.
If not, ask for help. The local settings may be slightly different from ours at Kent.
More about the eduroam service
Find out all the ways you can get in touch: