How busy is the Templeman Library?
You can now see how busy the Templeman Library is at any time.
Safety and wellbeing
Your safety and wellbeing are our priority. In line with Government guidance, we can only allow a limited number of people in the Library, so please consider whether your visit is essential. Use LibrarySearch Digital to check for a digital version of the book or resource you need.
For your safety and the safety of others:
- wear a face covering at all times in the library (unless you are exempt).
- don't move furniture - it's positioned for your safety
- study alone - don't gather or work in groups.
If there's a disturbance or something isn't working, please email email@example.com or talk to any member of staff.
Everyone is expected to follow our Library regulations.
Check our opening and support hours.
Individual study spaces
There are study spaces with and without PCs all over the library.
When you want to work alone and not be distracted or disturbed, go to a silent zone:
- Block A, Floors 2 and 3
- Block D, Floor 3.
Here you need to:
- work alone in silence
- not disturb others
- set your devices to silent
- keep drinks in secure containers
- bring cold food only.
Book a PC
If you want guaranteed use of a PC at a certain time, you can book a PC for up to 2 hours.
All students can book individual study rooms (carrels) in the Library for a day at a time. Each carrel is lockable and has a desk, chair and lamp.
Equipment to support your studies
- There are a large number of student PCs in the Library. Find a free PC
- Use a Quick access PCs for up to 20 minutes to check your email or print.
- Just need LibrarySearch? Use a library resource terminal, available on all floors.
Laptop and headphone loans
Laptop and headphone loans are not currently available.
There are printers all across the Library - you can also use them for copying and scanning. Clean the printer’s touchpad before use with the wipes provided.
There's a small cost for printing. View our printing guide.
Find out all the ways you can get in touch: