KAR is our institutional research repository. Its mission is to provide reliable, long-term, and open access to University of Kent research - making your research easier for everyone to find and use.
Academics applying for promotion
What is KAR?
- provides an official record of research works
- preserves research works digitally
- manages Open Access.
It's used for:
- reporting to external funders and governing bodies
- demonstrating compliance with community standards
- providing evidence for academic staff promotions
- feeding information to academic profile webpages
- supporting communications and marketing
- showing information about use and reach of research works.
How to use KAR
- Get started with KAR (pdf)
- KAR and your staff profile (pdf)
- Searching, browsing, exporting and dashboards (pdf)
- Import publications using DOIs and other identifiers (pdf)
- Importing multiple publication details from various sources (pdf)
- Adding records to KAR manually (pdf)
- How to make your publications accessible