Christmas goody bag
If you're staying on campus over the winter break, don't forget to pick up your free Christmas goody bag. Available to collect at your College reception (Canterbury) and the Deep End (Medway) from Monday 20 December. Enjoy!
Campus Security are on duty 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Find them in the Security and Transport Centre (Canterbury) or Medway Building (Medway).
Or you can always get in touch with them by calling 01227 82 3300 (non-emergency) or 01227 82 3333 (emergency) or via the SafeZone app.
Safety/emergency contacts off campus
Student Support and Wellbeing
The Student Support and Wellbeing offices are open after the end of term until Tuesday 21 December. They are closed from Wednesday 22 December and will re-open on Tuesday 4 January 2022.
During this closure, there are lots of contacts available to support you wherever you find yourself during vacation:
- If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, need emergency
wellbeing or just need someone to talk to outside of office hours, our external
partners Spectrum Life can offer you online, text,
and telephone support from qualified counsellors and therapists.
Spectrum will work with you in getting initial support and help during your crisis and they can also offer someone to listen to you when you need to chat. The Student Support and Wellbeing teams will contact you on the next working day.
- Spectrum Life is available on Monday to Friday evenings from 8pm till 8am, and on weekends and Bank Holidays, and during University closure periods
- Telephone: 0800 0318227 and press option 1, or Text ‘Hi’ to: 00353 87 369 0010
- Search for the Spectrum Life app from your app store and follow the log in instructions
- For expert information tailored to students from Student Minds, check out the Student Space website which provides advice, as well as telephone, email, webchat and text support.
- For 24/7 free online support from peers and trained professionals, all Kent students can access Togetherall.
- If you're having a difficult time and want to talk to someone, you can call the Samaritans free on 116 123, or email email@example.com.
- If you would prefer to receive support via text message, Shout is a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope, simply text 85258.
More information, advice and resources will be posted throughout vacation on the Student Support and Wellbeing Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts - follow @UniKentSSW to help you stay well and connected.
Places to eat
Check the catering webpages to find out which outlets are open on campus over the winter break.
Follow @unikentfood on Instagram for stay updated.
There is also a free Christmas lunch in Rochester on Christmas Day that you are welcome to attend!
Check out the Kent Union website for the opening times of the Co-op campus shops (Plaza and Park Wood).
Canterbury students - if you find yourself in need over the break, head to the Park Wood Co-op with your student ID, where you can collect a parcel provided by Kent Union's foodbank.
Medway students - if you are facing financial hardship please contact the Medway Advice Service who will be able to provide guidance on funding and make referrals for Asda vouchers from Kent Union's foodbank.
Kent Sport facilities
Kent Sport facilities will be closed from Wednesday 22 December. They will reopen on Tuesday 4 January.
Wherever you’ll be this Christmas, you can still stay active with Kent Sport through their Stay Well at Home content. This includes a range of virtual classes and wellbeing articles.
You can also follow Kent Sport on social media @UniKentSports for the latest updates.
The Isolation Team
There is information on what support is available for students who are self-isolating on our webpages.