Zak at University has been designed to fulfil Ofsted requirements and ensures that users gain a full understanding of the risks posed by adults or learners who use technology, including the internet, to bully, groom, radicalise or abuse children or learners (2015).
By participating in the simulation you will gain the skills to:
- identify children at risk of being drawn into terrorism
- challenge extremist ideas knowledgeably and with confidence
- refer children and young people for further help
- increase the awareness of young people around the process of radicalisation of individuals, particularly those who are involved in the transition from home to University
- promote discussion among young people, enabling them to identify and discuss factors/indicators of radicalisation in their peers and to reflect on their own and others’ behaviour
- raise awareness of the reporting process for young people’s concerns on radicalisation and internet safety
- identify some of the procedures in place to support individuals in a pre-criminal space.
To find out more about the development of Zak, please visit our research website.