Overview of training
As you progress through the 13 scenes, Rosie 2 provides a safe way to explore how to deal with potentially unsafe situations, addressing hostility and disguised compliance, and identifying elements of concern during a home visit. Ongoing support and advice is provided to ensure the resources are maximised within your organisation, as well as a number of worksheets for you to use or adapt to suit your needs.
Based on extensive research, Rosie 2 is a valuable tool for practitioners working with families in their homes.
Inter-professional learning of this quality [Rosie2] on child protection is long overdue.
Through 'playing' Rosie 2, practitioners can become able to:
- understand the pros and cons of undertaking a joint visit
- undertake planning in families where there are concerns of neglect
- identify skills that can be used
- understand the use of space and environment features during a home visit
- identify some of the key elements of neglect
- focus on the needs of different children in the family
- identify features of a child's relationship with the mother
- adopt a holistic assessment of a case
- identify indicators of disguised compliance
- evaluate the possible tensions and inconsistencies of a long-term case with frequent changes of key professionals
- plan how to work with the family
- reflect on the child protection responsibilities of others, such as health visitors, education welfare officers and head teachers
- understand how 'direct work' can be used to gain insight into the child's thoughts, feelings and experiences
- understand the importance of rapport-building in developing a supportive relationship with a child
- gain skills in communicating with children
- reflect on what they as practitioners do to address a child's concerns with an adult.
Please bear in mind that the range of learning outcomes will depend on the way that Rosie 2 is facilitated.
The Rosie 2 simulation is designed for all child protection professionals including:
- social workers
- healthcare workers
Please see our online store for details.
The simulations are available for organisations, individuals and independent trainers. We are also happy to arrange a 1-day masterclass or a bespoke group training session at your organisation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before booking your place, please note: unless formally agreed by the University of Kent, licences may not be used to generate income, licence holders may not be commissioned to deliver training and are not permitted to share enrolment details with others. Licences are for use within schools/organisations or for own CPD. Please read the Terms and Conditions before booking your place on the CPD session.