Undergraduates / taught postgraduates: Office 365 is free for you
You can use Word, PowerPoint, Excel and the rest of the Office 2016 suite on:
- up to 5 laptops/computers (Windows or Mac).
- up to 5 tablets and phones (Windows, Android or iOS).
As long as you're a member of the University. Your eligibility may be re-verified at any time; when it expires you can view files but can't edit or create new documents.
To install Office 2016 on a PC or Mac:
- Visit www.office.com from your laptop or computer and click Sign in.
- Enter your Kent email address. If prompted, enter your Kent IT account username and password.
- Click Install Office apps and then Office 2016.
To install Office 2016 on a tablet or phone:
- Open the App Store or Google Play
- Search for Office 365. The apps are by Microsoft Corporation.
- Install the app that you want
- Open the app and swipe through the introduction screens until you reach Sign in now
- Sign in with your Kent IT account username, in the format email@example.com, and password
If you don't teach, Microsoft Office is not available at a reduced price. Check Office 365 University for Microsoft software available to you.
You can download Office 365 apps (by Microsoft Corporation) on your tablet or phone for free, but you can't connect them to your Kent IT Account.
Buy Microsoft Office at a reduced rate.
Free software for study
Download study-related software including:
- IBM SPSS
Renew your software license
Productivity tools: recommended free software
We recommend these free productivity tools to help with accessibility and help you save time, write well and study your way.
Staff: ask about other software
Anti-virus and malware software: free software and advice.
University online services
Library and reference management
Access your files and work off campus
Install the Kent VPN to get off campus access to the Kent network
Find out all the ways you can get in touch.