We are committed to offering support to students who may be financially pressured because of their circumstances.
Group of students sitting indoors in front of large windows

Learn more about our financial support packages for care leavers, young independents, estranged students, homeless/foyer students and student carers.

Care Leavers

A care leaver is someone who has been in the care of the Local Authority for a period of 13 weeks or more spanning their 16th birthday.  

Young Independents

Young Independents are students who are under 20 years old and are in receipt of Universal Credit. 

Estranged Students

An estranged student is someone who is studying without the support or approval of their parents due to a breakdown in relationship.

Homeless/foyer Students

There is support available for students who are without permanent residence or live in a Foyer, or were before attending university.

Student Carers

A student carer is someone who has caring responsibilities for a family member, friend or other individual. 

Article 26 Award for refugees and asylum seekers

The Article 26 Award offers fully tuition fee waiver for students who have refugee status, are an asylum seeker or the partner/dependent of an asylum seeker; OR an asylum seeker/partner/dependent who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status.

Last updated