The Kent Young Adult Carer Package is delivered in a student's first year only.
What does the Young Adult Carer Pack include?
The Young Adult Carer Pack includes:
- A one-off, £600 cash bursary towards the costs of starting life at University
- A one-off payment of £100 towards graduation costs for students who attend their graduation ceremony
- We may be able to provide provision for travel in advance to attend University interviews. (This must be applied for at least one week in advance).
What is the eligibility criteria?
You may apply for the support package if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a new, undergraduate student
- You are a UK home fee paying student
- You are under 25 years of age
- You care for or look after a family member, friend or other individual, due to disability, chronic or terminal illness, mental health difficulty or drug/alcohol dependency or another reason
- You can provide written evidence that you have caring responsibilities. This can be either evidence that you were in receipt of Carer's Allowance immediately before you became a full-time student, or a letter from a doctor confirming that you have the responsibility of caring for someone who needs help because of their age, physical or mental illness, or disability.
How do I apply?
The Student Carer Application Form for the academic year 2023/24 is available here.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications and queries should be made by email to FinancialAid@kent.ac.uk
If you would like to apply for provision for travel to attend an interview please email your details to FinancialAid@kent.ac.uk at least one week prior to your interview date.
What other funding can I apply for?
The Kent Young Adult Carer Pack is available to students in addition to any other support you may receive from other sources.
Full-time and part-time undergraduate students are able to apply to Student Finance England for a tuition fee loan to cover the costs of study and a maintenance loan for general living costs.
Kent Financial Support Package
At Kent, we believe that all students who have the academic potential to benefit from our courses should have the opportunity to come to the University and we have established one of the most generous financial support schemes in the UK. Learn more about the Kent Financial Support Package.