The Article 26 Award
Tuition fee waiver
The University of Kent, in partnership with the Article 26 Project are able to offer three Article 26 awards for undergraduate entry in 2019/20. These awards are aimed at helping those seeking asylum in the UK to progress to higher education.
The benefits of the Article 26 award are:
- Each recipient’s tuition fees will be waived for the duration of their programme of study at the University of Kent (four undergraduate programmes only)
- The recipients will be eligible to receive financial support from the University of Kent to cover the cost of travel (to the University or for group support), books, equipment etc (This amount is to be confirmed).
To meet the eligibility criteria of the Award, applicants must:
- Have refugee status, be an asylum seeker or the partner/dependent of an asylum seeker; OR an asylum seeker/partner/dependent who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status and;
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of undergraduate study from the University of Kent, having applied through UCAS (www.ucas.com)
- Be currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of their application.
- Be unable to access mainstream funding, e.g. student finance or a local authority grant.
- Live within commuting distance of the University of Kent (i.e. within the county of Kent)
Not require support for living expenses or accommodation.
Applicants wishing to study the following subjects at the University of Kent are not eligible to apply for the Article 26 award:
- Foundation degree programmes
- Courses dependent on NHS funding.
How to apply
Applicants who meet the above criteria should:
- Make an application to the University of Kent for undergraduate study via UCAS (www.ucas.com)
- Complete an Article 26 Award application form (please contact HeadOfSSW@kent.ac.uk to request a form)
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
The deadline for this scholarship is Friday 3 May 2019. No applications will be accepted after this date.
All enquiries about this Award to be directed to the University of Kent, Director of Student Services’ Office via e-mail: HeadOfSSW@kent.ac.uk
03 May 2019