The Article 26 Award
Tuition fee waiver.
The University of Kent, in partnership with the Article 26 Project, offer four Article 26 awards for undergraduate entry. These awards are aimed at helping those seeking asylum in the UK to progress to higher education.
The benefits of the Article 26 award are:
- Each recipients tuition fees will be waived for the duration of their programme of study at the University of Kent (four undergraduate programmes only)
- The recipients will be eligible to receive financial support from the University of Kent to cover the cost of travel (to the University or for group support), books, equipment etc. This amount is to be confirmed.
To meet the eligibility criteria of the Award, applicants must:
- Be an asylum seeker or the partner/dependent of an asylum seeker; OR an asylum seeker/partner/dependent who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status and;
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of undergraduate study from the University of Kent, having applied through UCAS (www.ucas.com)
- Be currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of their application.
- Be unable to access mainstream funding, e.g. student finance or a local authority grant.
- Live within commuting distance of the University of Kent (i.e. within the county of Kent)
Not require support for living expenses or accommodation.
Applicants wishing to study the following subjects at the University of Kent are not eligible to apply for the Article 26 award:
- Foundation degree programmes
- Courses dependent on NHS funding.
How to apply
Applicants who meet the above criteria should:
- Make an application to the University of Kent for undergraduate study via UCAS (www.ucas.com)
- Complete an Article 26 Award application form.
Shortlisted applicants will also be requested to attend an interview.
Further details on the Article 26 Award can be found on the Helena Kennedy Foundation web site at: www.hkf.org.uk/hkf-awards
All enquiries about this Award to be directed to the University of Kent, Director of Student Services Office via e-mail: email@example.com
The deadline for 2017/18 has passed. Information on the scholarship for 2018/19 will be published here in January 2018.