Would you benefit from extra support?
To help you make the best of what the library has to offer, we provide individual coaching sessions personalised to your needs. You can have up to 3 sessions at times that suit you. More about the Library Coach service
Student Support and Wellbeing
If you would benefit from personalised support to enable full and equal access to services, contact the Student Support and Wellbeing team and ask about Inclusive Learning Plans.
Accessing the building
The nearest car park is the Central Visitor car park next to the Gulbenkian Theatre: number 6 on this map (pdf).
Blue badge holders can use accessible parking bays in all campus car parks. Students and staff should still apply for a permit:
Getting into the Templeman Library
All entrances have step-free access. To open the doors, use the push plate or scan your KentOne card on the reader.
Lifts in the Library
- The two lifts in Block C and the lift in Block D go to all floors
- The lift in A Block goes between Floors 1, 2 and 3
- There are platform lifts:
- in Block C, between the Ground Floor (Main Entrance and Welcome Desk) and the Lower Ground Floor (Library Road Entrance)
- in Block A, Ground Floor, between the upper and lower levels
- Library map showing lift locations
Access guide by AccessAble
If you have a specific need when visiting the Library please tell us.
If you have a long-term medical condition, contact Student Support and Wellbeing to see how they could help to improve your experience at Kent.
Find out where the nearest evacuation route is from where you are working.
If you hear the fire alarm:
- Fire exit doors will open automatically
- Push pad automated doors will work as normal
- Don’t use the lifts
For help with getting out of the building, go to a Refuge Point. Use the intercom to contact Campus Security, who will come to help.
Refuge point locations:
- Block A: next to lift
- Block C: in stairwell nearest Block D
- Block D: in stairwell in far left corner of PC room
Exit plan for emergencies
We can develop a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan for you. Contact Michelle at the Safety Health and Environment Unit.
Services in the Library
Advice about access to study spaces, borrowing, software, printing and more:
Contact Library and IT services
Give us your feedback
Please tell us if you think we can do better. Feedback and new ideas are welcome!