Accessible parking on campus
Accessible bays are larger parking bays located close to building entrances. Please remember that some people who require these bays:
- Have no other option but to drive and park on campus
- Require the larger bays to get out of their vehicle, for example fully opening the car door if they are in a wheelchair or on crutches
- Need to move their vehicle to other accessible bays multiple times within one day
- Need to park as close to their building as possible
Please only park in accessible bays if you are entitled to do so, see below for more information.
Government Blue Badge holders
If you hold a valid Government Blue Badge you can park in pink zones, blue zones and pay & display car parks including accessible bays. Please do not park in reserved bays or restricted parking areas. See table below for information about parking permits.
Do I need to apply for a parking permit?
|Staff or student||Yes- please apply online. Display your Government Blue Badge until your permit has been approved||Free|
|Visitor||No- please display your Government Blue Badge||
Non Government Blue Badge holders
If you do not have a Government Blue Badge but believe you require access to more parking zones or accessible bays than you are currently entitled to, you may apply for a permit on a temporary or full time basis. To find out your current eligibility of where you can park, view the student or staff parking webpages.
|How do I apply for a health access parking permit?||Cost|
||In accordance with pink and blue zone permit prices, dependent on length of time the permit is valid for|
Number of accessible bays on campus
We currently have 75 accessible parking bays at Canterbury campus and 15 accessible parking bays at Medway campus (correct July 2017). If you have any queries relating to accessible parking on campus, including concerns about the availability of accessible bays, please contact Transport Team and we will endeavour to help you.
- AccessAble for guidance on the best ways to access our buildings
- Maps (staff and student) for accessibility information
- Student Support
- Occupational Health