Notice to all University Virtual Permit to Park users
The University of Kent permits for Staff, Students and Associates gives permission to seek for a bay to park (if space is available) and they are issued as are virtual permits. This means if you have been issued with a permit to park you do not need to display the permit in your vehicle.
You must ensure that the vehicle you have parked on campus is marked as the active vehicle on your current permit before parking. If you have more than one vehicle registered; log onto your permit account, select My Permits, select the green vehicle button to go to the vehicle page and then select the correct vehicle to activate. If your permit only allows you to have one vehicle remove the old vehicle and add the current vehicle, ensuring this is ticked as the active vehicle.
Who can apply for an Associate Permit to Park?
A person who is associated with the University or a regular visitor who attends the campus for University business more than 4 times per month or 12 times per year can apply for Associate Permit to Park.
Refer to the agreed Associate parking list or if you are unsure if to apply for an Associate Permit to Park please contact Transport Team who can advise you.
For further information on whether you can apply for an Associate Permit to Park, please open our Associates Parking Table (PDF).
What permits to park are available to Associates?
All Associates permits are allocated in accordance with the agreement and permissions that have been given for the reason that they are recognised as an Associate. The member of staff representing their reasons for being on campus will need to complete the Associate Verification Form which must be uploaded by the Associate during the online permit application.
Virtual permits are issued for the following permits:
Season Permits to Park – allows Associates to park in agreed car parks and can be issued for the duration of:
- 12 month
- 3 month
- 1 month
Pay as you Go – Allows associates to purchase a Permit to Park to give permission to find a space on campus in the agreed car park(s). Parking can only occur if a virtual day voucher has been purchased in advance for each day an associate wishes to park on campus. The permits to park can be issued for the duration of:
- 12 month
- 3 month
- 1 month
How much does an Associate Permit to Park cost?
Usually charges for permits will rise on 01 August.
This year (2022/23) the University is acutely aware of the personal financial pressure that people may be experiencing due to the cost-of-living crisis. To assist with this for 2022/23 the increase in parking permit prices has been suspended and continues to remain the same as the 2021/22 price for all associate permits.
Season Permits 2022/2023
Pay as you Go 2022/2023
Associates who are eligible to purchase
a Pay As You Go permit to park are charged at the time of application. Associates will then need to purchase a virtual voucher in advance of parking for each day they want to park.
|Duration of permit||Permit charge||Daily voucher charge|
How do I apply and/or login to my virtual account?
- Ask the approved verification manager to complete the ‘Associate permit verification form’. Upload the completed form into a PDF. You will need to upload this as part of the application process. See the Associates Parking Table (PDF) to find out who the approved manager is for your association. This form is not required if your association is as a University Council Member, Chaplain, Retired staff, Emeritus or an Honorary Professor.
- Click apply for a permit and set up an online permit account with your personal details. You will receive an email asking you to verify your account. Once you have verified your email account you will be able to submit a permit application.
- Log back into your permits account and complete the online application. You will be asked to upload the Associate verification form to finish the application if applicable to your permit type. (and if you hold a Government Blue Badge you will need to upload a copy of both sides of the badge)
- Ensure you have received an email receipt of the application stating that it is under review and advising you of the application reference number.
- The Transport Team will review the application. If all information is provided and completed correctly, the team will offer the permit.
- When you receive the ‘offer’ email from DoNotReply+UniversityofKent@paysmarti.co.uk follow the instructions within the email, where you will be directed to make an online payment for the full permit price. (if your employer pays for your permit you must claim back the money through your employers internal claim process, as it is the responsibility of the driver to pay)
- Once payment is received, you will be sent an automated email confirming the virtual permit has been issued. You may then use the University of Kent car parks in accordance with your permit type.
How do I cancel an Associate Permit?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the following information:
- Your full name
- The date the permit needs to stop being active from
- If you hold a staff/student/associate permit
- If you have a ‘Season’ permit or a ‘Pay as you Go’ permit
- Your vehicle registration and permit account number
- The cancellation reason (eg "leaving the university or change to travelling by sustainable transport").
Note if a refund is applicable, they are made within 28 days back to the card that was used to make the original payment. If the card is no longer valid - a cheque will be sent to the permit address. If you would like the refund to be sent somewhere else than the one that is registered on you parking permit account, please give an alternative postal address in your cancellation request.
Permits are refunded for each complete month remaining after the date the permit ceases to be active.
For example, if a permit ceases to be active on 14th day of the month, the remaining full months from 1st day of the following month will be refunded.
Pay as you Go
Permits are not refunded, but any daily voucher purchased after the date the permit ceases to be active can be refunded to you. If you have any vouchers that have been purchased after the date the permit will cease to be active please provide the number of vouchers you have within your cancellation request.