at our Open Days
Plan your Driving Route
Useful route planners to help plan your journey by road
Below are some route planner webpages to get directions. Find routes from a street, postcode, town, city or landmark to your destination. With maps, times, distance and miles
- AA route planner- a national vehicle breakdown company and provides useful advice
- Green Flag route planner- a national vehicle breakdown company and provides useful advice
- RAC route planner- a national vehicle breakdown company and provides useful advice
- Waze is a free community-based traffic and navigation Smartphone app which uses GPS tracking to share up to date travel information
- Live Traffic Info is a free app by Highways England to show live traffic and road information.
- Google maps allows you to plan your journey by car. Using street view will allow you to look around and familiarize yourself with the surroundings, you can even view stops and make interactive journeys!
- Kent Connected is managed by Kent Highways (part of Kent County Council) and download their app for a free journey planner that empowers you to make smarter travel choices with your health, time, and the environment in mind.
- AutoTrader Electric Car Charging Points Map is a useful web page for planning long-distance EV journeys. Using the postcode finder you can easily find the nearest charging point and know how much it will cost to charge.
Useful links for road and traffic updates
- Kent County Council traffic information this webpage has an interactive map identifying traffic incidents, congestion, road closures and CCTV cameras.
- KMFM traffic and travel this page displays the latest travel news across Kent and the South East.
- Heart traffic news live traffic and travel updates are shown on this page.
- Heart 103.1 . 102.8 FM local radio station.
- @KentHighways provide road and traffic twitter updates.
- @GrittingKent provide road and traffic updates about gritting and snow ploughing public roads in Kent during the Winter months.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media, check our News and Advice page for travel advice and known local disruptions. Also, find out why it is best to plan your journey on our Planning Your Journey page.