Most staff PCs are Staff Managed Desktops. If so, it will say when you login or press the CTRL + ALT + Delete keys together to lock the PC.
Get started using your staff PC
- To access files and print, you may need to map a drive and install a printer.
- To use Outlook for your staff email open Microsoft Outlook. The setup process should run: choose Microsoft Exchange if asked for the mail service/type.
- Turn your PC off overnight and at weekends to save power and ensure that automatic Windows updates can be applied.
- You're responsible for all activity on your PC so need to lock it when you leave it unattended. To do this press the CTRL + Alt + Delete keys together.
- Your PC or laptop must be secure and protected from viruses.
- Full IT regulations
- You can request temporary admin rights to install work-related software.
Using teaching PCs
Finding software on staff PCs
- To add new software: click Start, then search for and select Software Center
- Once open, click Applications
- Click on the software you want from the list, and click Install
Find out all the ways you can get in touch: