Central Student Administration

Your future is created by what you do today

Taking time out from your studies

This is also referred to as intermitting or suspending your studies. If you wish to take time out from your studies you should contact your School Student Support Officer or Senior Tutor for advice.

Intermission Procedures

If you are thinking about taking a period of intermission then you must read the Intermission procedure information online.

Once you have read this information then you will need to download and complete the Intermission request form.

All intermissions must be approved by your School, so once you have completed the form you must take it to the Student Support Officer or Senior Tutor within your School.

Intermission and the Student Loans Company

Once intermissions have been approved our office informs the Student Loans Company. However, we do recommend that you contact them yourself to determine how this intermission will affect your funding, and the tuition fees you will have to pay when you return to the University.


The Financial Aid Office can offer further assistance with any funding queries you may have.

The Kent Union Advice Centre can offer support and guidance regarding intermissions. Please see their website for full details here.


University of Kent - © University of Kent

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 764000

Last Updated: 11/02/2020