Functions of the group
- Oversee and provide directional guidance on Kent’s Sustainability Strategy and its implementation across the University
- To review and endorse the findings of the Environmental Management System Management Review and agreeing or specifying actions arising.
- Monitor progress and provide guidance in the delivery of the Sustainability Strategy, including progress against targets and objectives.
- To develop and support working groups to deliver against targets and objectives
- Act as ambassadors for embedding Sustainability across Kent’s Divisions, Departments and realm of wider influence
- Ensure that sustainability risks and opportunities are identified relevant to the context of the organisation and incorporated into strategic decision-making.
Terms of Reference
– Richard Reece (DVC
Education and Student Experience)
- Student Union Officer
- Corporate Comms Representative
- Sustainability Team Representative
- Marketing Representative
- HSES Representative
- Estates and Commercial Services Representatives (*2)
- Procurement Representative
- Sustainability Engagement Representative
- Internationalisation Representative
- RIS Representative
- Student Sustainability Network Chair
- Academic Representatives (*2)
- UELT Representative
- Finance Representative
- Careers and Employability Representative
Meetings will be held at least quarterly and be chaired by the DVC Education and Student Experience. Meetings will be minuted and an action list produced for all the members following each meeting.
The Sustainability Steering Group will formally report to the Health, Safety, Security and Environment Committee through to EG or to the relevant board(s) through the DVC Education and Student Experience. The group also has a reporting line to Council and will provide an annual report on Sustainability.
The steering group will receive reports directly from the Environmental Management System (EMS) Team
Reports from the following sub-groups will also be received via the EMS team
- Operational Sustainability Team
- Futureproof sustainability champions network
- Sustainable Food Steering group
- Biodiversity network
For more information or other queries relating to the Sustainability Steering Group, please contact Catherine Morris (Sustainability Manager) on email@example.com