Student Support

Disability Support

Depending on your specific needs, support available may include some of the following:


Alternative formats

Disability guide

Exam arrangements


  • UK students are encouraged to apply for the Disabled Students’ Allowance. This can provide funding for specialist 1:1 study skills support and equipment. We are here to advise and help you with your DSA application to enable you to take full advantage of your academic opportunities at Kent. Liaising with assessment centres and Local Authorities to facilitate support and funding.

Inclusive Learning Plans (ILPs)

  • Inclusive Learning Plans (ILPs) are developed by the advisers within the Student Support and Wellbeing team, to set out reasonable adjustments to enable students to access programmes of study, and ensure appropriate assessment and examination arrangements are put in place. Please contact Student Support and Wellbeing for more information.


  • Support to help you to manage your own learning.


  • A specialist note-taker to accompany you to lectures and take notes for you.

Special equipment and software

Contact us

Student Support - © University of Kent

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 823158, (0)1634 888969

Last Updated: 07/12/2016