Depending on your specific needs, support available may include some of the following:
- Individual meetings with an adviser to discuss your needs.
- Liaising with university departments on your behalf.
- Support to find accessible accommodation.
- A guide to campus for disabled staff.
- Campus maps and directions.
- Disability access guide to Templeman Library services.
- Disabled Go.
- Where to find Student Support and Wellbeing.
- Helping you to get access to learning and teaching materials.
- UK students are encouraged to apply for the Disabled Students’ Allowance. This can provide funding for specialist 1:1 study skills support and equipment. We are here to advise and help you with your DSA application to enable you to take full advantage of your academic opportunities at Kent. Liaising with assessment centres and Local Authorities to facilitate support and funding.
Inclusive Learning Plans (ILPs)
- Inclusive Learning Plans (ILPs) are developed by the advisers within the Student Support and Wellbeing team, to set out reasonable adjustments to enable students to access programmes of study, and ensure appropriate assessment and examination arrangements are put in place. Please contact Student Support and Wellbeing for more information.
- Support to help you to manage your own learning.
- A specialist note-taker to accompany you to lectures and take notes for you.
Special equipment and software
- Productivity tools (assistive technologies).
- Please contact us for more information.