Depending on your specific needs, support available may include some of the following:
- Individual meetings with an adviser to discuss your needs.
- Liaising with university departments on your behalf.
- A guide to campus for disabled staff.
- Campus maps and directions.
- Disability access guide to Templeman Library services.
- Disabled Go.
- Where to find Student Support and Wellbeing.
- The University endeavours to ensure that all full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students with special needs are offered appropriate residential accommodation.Applicants with disabilities and/or complex personal care needs who require University accommodation are advised to contact Student Support at the earliest opportunity. A visit to the University can then be arranged if possible, so that your individual housing needs and any necessary alterations can be accurately identified. Any outside agency support can also be arranged if required.
- Helping you to get access to learning and teaching materials.
- A selection of free tools, apps and software that can save you time, make it easier to access study material and increase your productivity.
Disability History Month
- UK Disability History Month (UKDHM) is an annual event creating a platform to focus on the history of campaigning for equality and human rights.
- UK students are encouraged to apply for the Disabled Students’ Allowance. This can provide funding for specialist 1:1 study skills support and equipment. We are here to advise and help you with your DSA application to enable you to take full advantage of your academic opportunities at Kent. Liaising with assessment centres and Local Authorities to facilitate support and funding.
- Into Higher Education is a guide for anyone with a health condition, learning difficulty or disability thinking about studying in higher education starting September 2017.
Inclusive Learning Plans (ILPs)
- Inclusive Learning Plans (ILPs) are developed by the advisers within the Student Support and Wellbeing team, to set out reasonable adjustments to enable students to access programmes of study, and ensure appropriate assessment and examination arrangements are put in place. Please contact Student Support and Wellbeing for more information.
- Support to help you to manage your own learning.
- A specialist note-taker to accompany you to lectures and take notes for you.
Special equipment and software
- Productivity tools (assistive technologies).
- Please contact us for more information.