If you are in danger or in need of urgent medical care or attention, please call 999 immediately and ask for an ambulance/police.
On Campus Emergency:
Campus Security staff are on duty 24 hours per day, 365 days per year and can always be contacted on their emergency number: (01227 82) 3333
Would you like a visual guide to support available on Canterbury and Medway campuses?
Take a look at our visual guide for images and maps showing which support you can access whenever and wherever you need.
Urgent Support from Student Support and Wellbeing
If you feel you need urgent support during office hours (Monday to Friday 9-5pm) please phone on 01227 826573 for the Canterbury campus or 01634 888474 for Medway or email KentSSW@kent.ac.uk or MedwaySSW@kent.ac.uk and ask for an on the day appointment.
Due to COVID-19 we are not currently offering drop-in appointments but we will ensure that you are contacted by a Mental Health Adviser by phone to discuss your concerns and direct you to the most appropriate help and support.
24/ 7 Emergency Support providers
- For mental health support, including in a crisis, you can contact the UK numbers below to reach Single Point of Access, an NHS service run by trained professionals: 24/7 Contact Centre – 0800 783 9111; 24/7 text number – 07860 022819
- For expert information to help you through the challenges of coronavirus from Student Minds, check out the Student Space website which provides advice, as well as telephone, email, webchat and text support.
- For 24/7 free online support from peers and trained professionals, all Kent students can access Togetherall.
- If you're having a difficult time and want to talk to someone, you can call the Samaritans free on 116 123, or email email@example.com.
- If you would prefer to receive support via text message, Shout is a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone who is struggling to cope, simply text 85258.
- NHS 111 is the NHS urgent help advice line. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency.
Canterbury Campus Nursing Services
Nursing Services is located in the Banking Hall (Next to Security, CT2 7NQ) and is available to students for support, advice, treatment of minor illnesses and injury, and contraceptive advice.
- Monday to Friday Walk in 7am to 10am
- Appointments 10am to 5pm
- Walk in 5pm to midnight
- Weekends Walk in 7am to midnight
Midnight to 7am is for emergencies only, however you can access the nurse by calling campus security on 01227 823300 who will then contact the nurse on your behalf.
Medway Campus Nursing Services
You should register with a local doctor near to your accommodation in order to receive treatment under the National Health Service (NHS): Find your nearest NHS Surgery.
The nearest hospital with A&E services is Medway Maritime Hospital.
Medway Maritime Hospital
Tel: 01634 830000
University Medical Centre
- The University Medical Centre is an NHS general practice based on the University of Kent Canterbury campus, Giles Lane, Canterbury
- Phone: 01227 469333 Out of hours emergency: (NHS) dial 111.