- LA302 Mandarin Chinese Beginners
- LA303 Mandarin Chinese Elementary
- LA551 Mandarin Chinese Pre-Intermediate
- LA552 Mandarin Chinese Lower Intermediate
- LA560 Mandarin Chinese Intermediate
- LA562 Mandarin Chinese Upper Intermediate
- LA538 Mandarin Chinese Lower Advanced
- WOLA5390 China Today: Language, Culture, Society
- Undergraduate students can also apply to take a Year in a Language.
The extra opportunities for learning such as the extra lessons with the students in China and the in-person sessions really helped and I think I improved a lot thanks to these extras.
How to register
If you are able to select elective modules as part of your degree programme, you can opt to take language modules when you make your module choices via the Module Catalogue. Just search the module code (eg LA302) in the module catalogue.
If you are unsure if your degree programme allows for elective modules, you will need to contact your academic school.
If you are not permitted to select elective modules as part of your degree programme, we also offer the opportunity to study a language as an extracurricular module. The module will not contribute credit to your degree, but you will be expected to take tests. You can choose whether or not you want the marks from your language tests to appear on your final transcript. The cost for adding each 15 credit module to your degree is £284. The fee for 30 credit modules is £530.
Contact us for more information.
Interested in learning a new language? Why not try out our Language Express course in Mandarin?
Engaging, flexible and interactive, our evening Language Express courses will make you progress in Mandarin in no time. By focussing on conversational skills, our classes are recommended for students, staff, and anyone else wanting to learn a language from beginners' level.
Head over to our Language Express page to find out more.