If your Kent IT Account username was abc1 you would enter your details for the follwing services as shown below.
- Wi-Fi, email and Microsoft apps: email@example.com
- Student PCs / Moodle / SDS / Kent Union: abc1
- VPN and other off campus access some services: ukc\abc1
- Medway PCs: ukc\abc1
Check you're entering your password correctly:
- Is the CAPS LOCK key on or off?
- Does your keyboard enter the expected characters if you type text in a document?
Check your username: the required username format for different services varies. It could be:
- Is your account temporarily locked?
- Check IT service status to find out if the service is temporarily unavailable
- Your password might have expired - change your password to reactivate your account
- Forgotten your password? Reset your password
If none of the above works, contact us explaining the steps you've tried.
Not got your IT Account yet?
You get an email telling you when to activate your IT Account, containing your employee number (which you'll need).
- Not got the email? If your start date is less than a week away, tell your line manager
- Please activate your account from home before your first day
Most accounts are generated the HR new starter process; your new starter will get an email (see above).
- To find your new starter's employee number: go to Staff Connect and run the Future starters report
- Find their username and email if you know their employee number
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can't access the reports.
- Apply for resource access (shares, servers and printers) for new staff - but don't do this before their start date, or they'll be able to gain access before their contract starts.
About your IT Account
- Students: to change the personal email address the University holds for you, update your details in the Student Data System or you can contact Central Student Administration
- Staff: to change the personal email address the University holds for you, update your details using Staff Connect or you can contact Human Resources
By using your IT Account, you are agreeing to abide by these Regulations.
Find out all the ways you can get in touch: