Hiring a coach or minibus for ad hoc University business
The Framework Agreement to book a coach has been tendered by The University of Kent on behalf of the participating authorities, in accordance with the European Procurement Directives.
This Agreement covers the provision of Coaches and Minibuses with a driver for 2 separate geographical Lots; Canterbury area and Medway area. In certain exceptional circumstances, suppliers may be required to sub-contract some of the requirements but this should be made clear to the buyer and in all instances, the orders will be placed with, invoiced by, and managed by the Agreement holder.
Due to fluctuation in the prices of fuel, no fixed prices were sought as part of the tender process; value will be achieved by competition through the framework on a regular basis.
Prior to booking a coach ensure you have read the Guidance Notes and that you are familiar with the terms and conditions.
Benefits of the framework
Procurement can be a costly and time consuming process. This Framework Agreement can reduce that time and costs by offering a means for calling off services that have already been competitively tendered.
The main benefits are:
- Providing a simple and streamlined route for all Users to access a Coach and Minibus Service.
- Standard terms & conditions that save Users time in developing and negotiating terms for each procurement undertaken.
- Providing a degree of control over contract pricing for Users.
- Any economies of scale in relation to pricing have been realised.
- Central monitoring of the service provided (including usage, environmental impact and ensuring health & safety requirements are met).
Suppliers for each campus
Please fill in the request form to obtain a quote for booking a coach or minibus from the companies below.
|Type of vehicle||Area||Coach company|
|Coach & Minibus (Lot 1 & 2)||Medway|
|Coach (17 seats or more) (Lot 4)||Canterbury|
|Minibus (16 seats or less) (Lot 3)||Canterbury|