Booking a seat
It is essential that you book your seat prior to travelling. If you have a disability, please contact the Kings Ferry a minimum of 2 working days before you are required to travel and they will assist you with arranging transport.
You can book your seat up to 30 minutes before you travel. Follow the instructions to book a seat. For travel between Pier Quays, Pembroke (Medway campus) and Dockyard (Western Avenue), you can also catch the Arriva 1 bus for this journey.
If you are either a carer who will need to travel on the Campus Shuttle service sitting next to the student you are travelling with or if you are a student who requires a carer to sit next to you whilst travelling, please contact the Transport Team to assist with the booking.
- Book a seat on My Mobile Tickets from your desktop, tablet or mobile phone. Right-click the hyperlink and select 'open link in new tab' this will open the booking system and allow you to view these steps while you book.
- Log in using your University of Kent details. The first time you register you will be asked to confirm your email and mobile number.
- Choose the direction and the date of travel for your journey and press 'Search Buses'.
- A timetable of the scheduled services will appear, click ‘select’ for the scheduled service in which you wish to book. Check your booking details are correct and press ‘Book Now’.
To view your ticket:
- Go to My Mobile Tickets at the top of the page, next to the University of Kent logo, select the three horizontal lines and then select the option 'My Bookings'.
- A table will appear with all your bookings displayed, if you scroll across to the 6th column you will see the status of your booking.
- In the 7th column of the table, select ‘Get Mobile Ticket’ to access your ticket for boarding. You can either print your ticket, or show it on your smartphone when you board the shuttle. Please do not take a photo or screenshot of your ticket, as this can cause issues with the scanner and you may not be able to board.
Booking this service is essential, please note you may also be required to show your KentOne or Kent Union card when boarding your booked service.