Software for students and staff
The University pays for software to support your work and study.
Undergraduates / taught postgraduates: Office 365 is free for you
To get it:
- log into your student email account at Office 365: https://live.kent.ac.uk
- click on Office 365 in the top left corner
- click the Install software button
You can then use Word, PowerPoint, Excel and the rest of the Office 2016 suite on:
- up to 5 laptops/PCs/Macs
- up to 5 tablets and phones (Windows, Android or iOS).
You can buy Microsoft Office for a reduced price:through our online software store.
Key software packages
You can go to our online store to download the software below for free or at an educational discount:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Education (upgrade only)
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- IBM SPSS
- and others - follow the link above to check what's available
If you prefer you can ask for a disc to install the extra software: visit Welcome Desk in Templeman West.
Software on student and staff PCs
Our standard student and staff PCs offer a large range of software.
If you need specialist software that isn't installed on your machine, please speak to your local IT staff or contact helpdesk.
- Reference management software - Refworks: create, store and re-use bibliographical information in essays and dissertations.
- Anti-virus and malware software: free software and advice.
- Productivity and assistive technology
Email email@example.com with any software-related issues.