Research.kent.ac.uk is a free to use, self service network of websites providing you with the means to showcase your individual research projects from across the university, with long term support and training provided by the Web and Learning Development team.
The benefits of a research.kent website are::
- Free to university staff and PHD students (with supervisor approval)
- Every user is given self-service access to create the content and make changes
- Will stay active for the length of your research grant requirements, generally 10 years
- Can integrate with other external systems and datasets as required
- Up to 500Mb of storage available
- Each site will have an authoratitive URL using the following format: research.kent.ac.uk/sitename
- Free offline backup of your site available upon request that you can use to archive your website
Listed below are a selection of sites on research.kent which showcase what is possible:
- Institute of Cyber Security for Society (iCSS)
- GCRF COMPASS
- Playing A/Part
- Physics of Quantum Materials
- Understanding Unbelief
Examples that use interactive maps:
Examples that provide extensive downloadable resources:
Examples that provide foreign language support:
Examples of sites using blog post feed
Criteria for a site
Before you apply for a site, please note:
- The service is intended solely for academic staff research projects only
- Your project can be already completed, currently in progress, or forthcoming
- The research project should be in part funded by or run in conjunction with the University of Kent
- It will have the University of Kent theme applied (as shown above)
Apply for a site
Please contact the Research Support team (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will then be in contact to agree the details for the site, arrange for it to be setup and all relevant users added, as well as provide training as required.
Getting started using your site
Once the site is setup you can start adding content immediately. We can provide free training to enable you to quickly and easily understand how to add and edit content on your site. But online tutorials are available at our Help and Support site where we have a wide range of helpful articles.
We have a demo site which showcases various sample page layouts.
We are able to provide a broad range of support in the development and maintenance of your website, from building the site, maintaining its content, to training and long term support.
Some of our services, including site building, content management, and more advanced technical development are charged at an hourly rate.
Please get in touch to find out how we can help with your web project (email@example.com).