Get a free website to showcase and promote your research and innovation project.
About research.kent websites
Research.kent.ac.uk is a free to use, self service network of websites to showcase individual research projects from across the university, with long term support and training provided by the Web and Learning Development team. The benefits of a research.kent website are:
- Free to university staff and PhD students (with supervisor approval)
- Self-service access to create and change content
- An active website for the length of the research grant requirements (tyically 10 years)
- Integration with external systems and datasets as required
- Up to 500Mb of storage
- A stable and authoratitive URL (research.kent.ac.uk/sitename)
- Free offline website backup for archiving upon request.
Explore a selection of websites that showcase what can be achieved:
Get a project website
Complete the short online form to request a new website if the project is:
- an academic staff research project
- forthcoming, in progress, or complete
- funded in part or run in conjunction with the University of Kent
- going to use University of Kent website theme.
Getting started using a new site
- Once the site is setup content can be added immediately
- Free training is available to help you quickly and easily understand how to add and edit website content
- A suite of online tutorials are also available at our Help and Support site
- Explore the demo site which showcases various sample page layouts.
Get a range of support to build and develop your website, maintain its content, access training, and get long term support.
Some services, including site building, content management, and advanced technical development, are charged at an hourly rate.
Use the button below to contact us to find out how we can help with your web project: