Register with a doctor

Information on health services close to our Canterbury and Medway campuses, and National Health Service helplines nationwide.

It's important to register with a GP close to your term-time address so you can access health services quickly and easily while you’re at University.  

Canterbury Medical Centre

At our Canterbury campus we have a University Medical Centre. Please register with the Medical Centre on campus for all your health needs.

  • Call: 01227 469333
  • Location: Giles Lane [map]

Canterbury Nursing Services

Nursing services provide free advice, care and support on all health matters.

  • Call: 01227 823503
  • Location: Banking Hall (next to Campus Security)
  • Open 24 hours, seven days a week (term-time only).

Opening Times

  • Monday to Friday Walk in 7:00 - 10:00 
  • Appointments 10:00 - 17:00
  • Walk in 17:00 - 00:00 (midnight)
  • Weekends Walk in 7:00 to 00:00 (midnight)

Midnight to 7:00 is for emergencies only, however you can access the nurse by calling campus security on 01227 823300 who will then contact the nurse on your behalf.  

Medway Medical Centres and Services

You should register with a local doctor near to your accommodation in order to receive treatment under the National Health Service (NHS): Find your nearest NHS Surgery.

The nearest hospital with A&E services is Medway Maritime Hospital

Medway Maritime Hospital 
Windmill Road 
Tel: 01634 830000

NHS 111

You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Sexual health

The BISH website provides a wealth of information about sexual health services in the UK, including finding your nearest sexual health clinic, what going for a check up is like and self-test kits.

Support with health costs

If you have to pay for prescriptions, sight tests or NHS dental treatment you may be eligible for help with the costs through the NHS Low Income Scheme.

To find out if you are eligible, you need to fill in a HC1 form.

Last updated