Go Abroad

How to apply

Kent students

Pre-application briefing sessions: International Partnerships' Go Abroad team will run Study/Work Abroad pre-application briefing sessions during May of the First Year and October of the Second Year. Students should recieve details on how/when to attend these sessions directly from their Schools. Information will also be published on the Go Abroad Moodle page. To apply, please self-enrol on Moodle module DP6100 (2019 version) where you will find the online application form.

After study abroad places have been allocated, the Erasmus Team and Study Abroad teams will host obligatory pre-departure briefings related to specific regions. All allocated students will be required to attend. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us at goabroad@kent.ac.uk.

On the right degree?

If you are a current Kent student and your degree does not already include a Year/Term abroad, you will need to request for this to be added.

Please contact your academic School to ensure that you have met any progression criteria during Stage 1. 

Students must complete the request change of course procedures before the end of Week 5 in Stage 2.

Study Abroad | Application process

Submitting your application

Undergraduate students
All students registered for the Year or Term Abroad are required to submit an internal application to the Go Abroad team with their preferred choice(s) of destination during the first term of their second year in order to be allocated a place at a host university. The application form can be found on Moodle, via module DP6100 Essential Study and Work Abroad Preparation.

Postgraduate students
If you are interested in undertaking Erasmus mobility, you should discuss your plans with your supervisor and the postgraduate office in your School to get approval for the proposed mobility. Then contact the Erasmus Team as a matter of urgency, ideally at least three months before the proposed start date. (The final deadline is the end of February for mobility in that academic year.)


The Go Abroad Team will be able to advise whether Kent has an exchange agreement with a particular institution and whether a place would be available. Please note that it is not possible to guarantee a place, unless the exchange is specifically linked to the degree programme, and students may need to be flexible in their placement destination.


Work Abroad | Application process

The work placement abroad application process is done predominatly through your academic school. You can use links from our website to help you find a placement, after which you should send all the details to your school's Placement Officer who will tell you if it can be approved or not.

International Partnerships

The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T: +44 (0)1227 824191

Last Updated: 07/11/2019