We are doing all we can to reduce the impact that industrial action has on you and your studies, with an Industrial Action Response Group meeting regularly to ensure we have mitigation in place wherever possible.

Your Academic Division

While your Academic Division will make every effort to let you know if a module will be affected by Industrial Action ahead of time, this isn't always possible because Union members are under no obligation to let us know if they are taking part in industrial action, and we do not yet know exactly what form the marking and assessment boycott will take. Make sure you check Moodle, your email and any online working groups you are in for updates which we will share wherever possible. 

If you have any general queries or concerns about industrial action in your Division, please email the relevant address below and they will do everything they can to help: 

Division of Arts and Humanities - ARTSHUMSstrike@kent.ac.uk 

Division of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences - CEMSstrike@kent.ac.uk 

Division of Human and Social Sciences - HSSstrike@kent.ac.uk 

Kent Business School - KBSstrike@kent.ac.uk 

Division for the Study of Law, Society and Social Justice - LSSJstrike@kent.ac.uk 

Division of Natural Sciences - NATSstrike@kent.ac.uk 

Student Learning Advisory Service (SLAS)

SLAS provide advice and guidance about learning and assessment. They can help if you have assignments due and want to access support for essay or dissertation writing.  

Kent Union

Kent Union is working to both represent and support students. You can contact your Student Rep or use the academic experience reporting tool to let Kent Union know your views on the issues being raised, or how you’ve been impacted by the industrial action, including any missed teaching and the marking and assessment boycott.  

Find out more.

Kent Union Advice Service

Kent Union’s Student Advice Centres offer free, confidential and impartial advice for all students studying at the University of Kent. The Advice Service can support you if you wish to make a formal complaint, apply for concessions or extensions as well as any other academic concerns.  


Complete the Canterbury Centre contact form.
T: 01227 827724


Complete the Medway Advice Centre contact form.
T: 01634 888855

Student Support and Wellbeing

The University’s Student Support and Wellbeing team offers free support to all students experiencing distress arising from psychological, emotional or mental health issues.

There is a wide range of support available that you can access during your studies at Kent.

Student Support and Wellbeing - Canterbury campus

E: KentSSW@kent.ac.uk
T: 01227 823158

Student Support and Wellbeing - Medway campus

E: MedwaySSW@kent.ac.uk
T: 01634 888474 

Graduate and Researcher College

The Graduate and Researcher College offers support and guidance to all postgraduate students at Kent. They are working with colleagues across the University to minimise the impact of industrial action on your studies. 

E: kentgrc@kent.ac.uk


While your main point of contact throughout the period of industrial action will be your academic Division, you may email industrialaction@kent.ac.uk with any questions.

Last updated