Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(4)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(4)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(3)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Thefts and Vandalism(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Tithes(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(2)
- Halford Bequest Fund(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vergers(1)
- Canterbury Festival(1)
- Irish Republican Army (I.R.A.)(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Choral Society(1)
- type script(5)
These filters define your current search;
click on a filter to remove. Or
Start a new search
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 14th April, 1939. The following items were discussed - South door. Cathedral plans. Christ Church Gate. Annual accounts. Halford bequest. Choir School. Chapter office - duplicator; Staff. Friends' Festival. Westcliffe Chancel. Ait raid precautions. District Nursing Association. Palalce Street 44. New Statutes.
Minutes of the May Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 27th May, 1939. The following items were discussed - Chapter accounts. Chancels Fund. Enthronement Fund. Dean's loan account. Plastic works in Cloisters. Appropriation accounts. Voluntary offerings. Choir School accounts. Budget 1939/40. Salaries of Precentor and organist. Corporators' drawings. Adoption of accounts. Precautions against [I.R.A.] bomb outrages. Minutes of the April Monthly meeting - Meeting of Greater Chapter; A.R.P. [air raid precautions] and W. Gardner; Seats in Cathedral for Bishops; Number of lay clerks; King's School accounts. Minutes of the Estates Committee - Precints 29; Vulcanizing machine; Cathedral fire-squad. Pathways. North entrance to the Choir. Collections for Church Schools. Use and Ceremonial. Weekly Chapter meetings.
St. John's Audit, "being a general Chapter of the Cathedral and Metropolitical Church of Christ Canterbury", held on Friday, 23rd June, 1939. The following items were discussed - Report of Sir Charles Peers. Minutes of the most recent Weekly meeting - Statute III; Car parking in the Precincts. Reading of Statutes. Repair of Cathedral books. Seats in Cathedral for Bishops. Loudspeakers. Heyman Scholarship. A.R.P (air raid precaution) shelters. Sun Street 14, 15 and 16. Canterbury Lectionary. Tithe annuities. Mr. R. Todd. Palace Street 44. Sun Street 19/20. Burgate 26. Burgate 32. Mr. Biffen. New Statutes.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Monday, 6th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting - Forrens scheme; Choir School, houseman; Refrigerator; Air raid warning; Organ; Bell Harry Tower; Chronicle of the Friends; Intercession Services. Burgate 23. Sun Street 20A. Sykes Charity. Choir School [cooking arrangements]. Nomination of candidates for Perker Exhibitions. Canonical houses. Statutes. Armistice Day. Remembrance Sunday. Chapter estate. Vacuum cleaner. King's School. Friends' postcard table.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 17th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting. Mr. Clegg. Mrs. Sopwith. Altar frontals. Religious Drama Society. King's School Choral Society. Heating of the Choir. Friends' postcard table. Foreens scheme finance. Choir School houseman. Bell Harry Tower. Chronicle of the Friends. M. Pierce, Verger. Cushion for seats in Choir. Choir - M. Purrott; Day-boys; Holidays; Broadcasting; Tenor lay clerk. Funeral fees. New Statutes. Precincts trees. Broad Street 81. French Church. Vergers' bonus. King's School, interest. St. Catherine's Audit.