Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(2)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Honorary(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. Catherine's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(1)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(1)
Minutes of the April Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Wednesday, 26th April, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting - Deopham; Saxon pocket sundial; Rev. G. W. Lampe; Choir School. The Greater Chapter. Minutes of the Estates Committee, 14th April, 1939 - Christ Church Gate; Friends' Festival; Westcliffe Chancel; Air raid precautions. Ceremonial and use at the Eucharist. Installation fees. Seats in Cathedral for Bishops. Caution money. Burgate 12. Burgate 29/30. Sun Street 14/16. Bell Harry Tower. Salary of Precentor. Salary of Organist. Choir School piano. Number of lay clerks. Cathedral printing. Undercroft of Howley Library. Cathedral flowers. Choir School fees outstanding. King's School account. Rev. Dr. C. S. Phillips.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Monday, 2nd October, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting - Heating of nave; Ventilation in Crypt; Children's service. Emergency Chapter meeting, held on September 27th (the minutes from this meeting are not contained in the collection). Palalce Street 29. Broad Street 81. Protection of tombs, etc. Deopham Vicarage. Burgate 26. Armistice Day poppy wreath. Canon's residences. Service of intercession. The late Dr. Cotton. Chapter library. Altar linen and carpet. Next meeting. Martyrdom Chapel carpet.
Minutes of the St. Catherine's Audit and Chapter, 1939, held on Saturday, 25th, and continued on Monday, 27th, and Tuesday, 28th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the Weekly meeting of November 24th - Sunday Evensong; Services; Friends' Council Meeting; King's School. Distribution of Audit alms. Appointment of Reveiver [A. Sargent appointed]. Appointment of Treasurer [Canon Macnutt reappointed]. Cathedral Alms Fund. Librarian's report. Key audit. Sacrist's report. Appointment of Sacrist [Mr. Poole reappointed]. Precentor's report. Appointment pf Precentor [Mr. Poole reappointed]. Preachers' list. Music. Dr. Shirley was absent from Canterbury.