Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Honorary(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. Catherine's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral--Request for Cathedral Stone(1)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(1)
- Halford Bequest Fund(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(1)
St. John's Audit, "being a general Chapter of the Cathedral and Metropolitical Church of Christ Canterbury", held on Thursday, 23rd, and continued on Saturday, 25th, Tuesday, 28th, and Wednesday, 29th June, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes from May Monthly meeting. Hammond organ. Stand for Archbishop's cross. Gret Cloister - west wall. Christ Church Gateway - central niche. High Altar. Crucifix. Knowler memorial. Door at North end of tunnel. Halford Bequest. Use of proper psalms and sentences of Scriptures. Vice-Dean and special services. Choir School. Mr. Charles' furnishings. King's School interest on monies advanced by the Chapter. Tablets of Saravia and Colfe. Sun Street 17. Gatekeeper. Hales Memorial. Flower-stands. Christ Church Gateway - shields. Colouring of tombs, etc. Extracts from Minutes of Friends' Council Meeteing - Wax Chamber - design for door; tomb of Archbishop Morton; pigeons in the Precincts; Undercroft of Dormitory. Robinson-Harrison casket. Reconstruction fo the Annunciation. Canterbury Lectionary. Precentor and Sacrist. Precincts 26/27. South-West entrance - paving. Cathedral Stone Cross - Bishop of Dornakal. St. Peter's Maidstone - Cathedral stone. Eythorne - cathedral stone. Burgate 22. Mr. A. J. Johnson. Agent's report. Precincts lighting. Cricifix. Ringing of bell. Chapter accounts. Appropriation accounts. Audit of Chapter books. Adoption of accounts. Budget 1938/39. Corporators' drawings. Stipendiaries, and pension scheme for Canons. Reinvestment of capital. Scouts camp equipment. Cathedral Alms Fund. Cleaning of Stonework. Vergers' bonus. Lime tree, Precincts 14.
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 13th January, 1939. The following items were discussed - Miss Helmore. Burgate 20. Burgate 27. Burgate 35. Precincts 29. Bell Harry Tower turrets. Cathedral organ. Lime tree. Saxon pocket sundial. Christ Church Gate keys. Sun Street 14/16. Agent absent due to indisposition.
Minutes of the April Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Wednesday, 26th April, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting - Deopham; Saxon pocket sundial; Rev. G. W. Lampe; Choir School. The Greater Chapter. Minutes of the Estates Committee, 14th April, 1939 - Christ Church Gate; Friends' Festival; Westcliffe Chancel; Air raid precautions. Ceremonial and use at the Eucharist. Installation fees. Seats in Cathedral for Bishops. Caution money. Burgate 12. Burgate 29/30. Sun Street 14/16. Bell Harry Tower. Salary of Precentor. Salary of Organist. Choir School piano. Number of lay clerks. Cathedral printing. Undercroft of Howley Library. Cathedral flowers. Choir School fees outstanding. King's School account. Rev. Dr. C. S. Phillips.