Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(2)
- Bath and Wells (Diocese) --History.(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Tithes(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral. Friends--Offices(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Milner Memorial Trust(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), New Dining Hall(1)
- Oxford (Diocese)--History(1)
- type script(2)
Minutes of the October Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 30th October 1937. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the September Monthly meeting. Stone-in-Oxney. Precints 19. Precincts 14. Precincts 18 - division of garden. All Hallows, Lombard Street; 22 Lime Street. Bell Harry tower - turrets. Precincts 21. Cathedral oil burners. Minor canons' and organist's fees. Music and Mr. Cresswell's expenses. Redemption of Metropolitan stock. Expenses of special services. Mr. Harmer's salary. Meister Omers fresco. Burgate 10B. Palace Street 52. Precincts 12. Yard space behind Torrens 2 and 3. Cathedrals Commission. Choir School. Precincts 11A. Exning with Landwade. St. Mary, Milton Regis. Licenses of Alibi. Re-organisation of Choir. Cathedral handbooks. Christ Church Gate - statue. Cathedral arms. Library key. Brenchley tomb. Milner Memorial. Lay-clerk's vestry etc. Marked "File" and signed by Hewlett Johnson.
Minutes of the St. Catherine's Audit and Chapter, 1937, held on Thursday, 25th, and continued on Friday, 26th, and Saturday, 27th November, 1937. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the October Monthly meeting - Stone-in-Oxney; Fresco, Meister Omers; Precincts 19, iron grille; garden of Precincts 18; Exning with Landwade; Mr. Kelway, verger; Mr. Chambers, lay clerk. Lay Clerks' vestry and flower room. Extracts from Minutes of Friends' Council meeting - Precincts 3; cleaning of stone and marble; monument to Archbishop Morton. King's School commutation. Land at Seasalter. Tithe, Littlebourne. Precincts 14. Distribution of audit alms. Appointment of Receiver (T. K. Sopwith). Appointment of Treasurer (E. Hardcastle). Key audit. Cathedral alms fund. Dr. Sheppard's funeral expenses. Librarian's report. Precentor's report. Election of Precentor (J. H. A. Charles). Minor canons and period of appointment. Sacrist's report. Appointment of Sacrist (J. W. Poole). Friend's Council Meeting - Wax Chamber, safety of access; Christmas crib; levelling of the cloister garth, cleaning of west wall and treatment of ribs. King's School - headmaster's report. Kent and Canterbury Hospital. Application to keep dog. Forrens 4. Precincts 18 - dilapidations. Kneeling in choir. Cope chest. Committee of Ways and Means. Choir School Committee. New Statutes. All Saints, Maidstone; chancel. Special meeting.