Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(4)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(3)
- Halford Bequest Fund(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Bedesmen(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral--Request for Cathedral Stone(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Thefts and Vandalism(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Minor(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Residentiary(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Guides(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vergers(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Cantuarian (School Magazine)(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Classrooms(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Commutation scheme(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)--Walpole Collection of Manuscripts(1)
- Stone-in-Oxney and Appledore (England)--Union of Benefices(1)
- type script(4)
These filters define your current search;
click on a filter to remove. Or
Start a new search
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 18th March 1938. The following items were discussed - Chairman of the Estates Committee [Hewlett Johnson appointed]. Chapter House Wiring. Red cassocks. Surplices. Bell-ringing and Bedesman's attendance on the Archbishop. Canon Macnutt - caution money. Minor Canons - agreement. Tenison throne. Bell Harry Tower turrets. Cathedral organs. Choir heating. Halford Bequest. Forrens 3 and 4 and Precincts 23. Burgate 34B. Precincts 26/27. Precincts 16. Burgate 22. Precincts 18 - dilapidations. Precincts 14E. [Saxon-period silver] Calendar. Reinvestment of the tithe capital. Diocesan calendar. Choir School Committee. Cloister garth. Electricity kiosk in the precincts.
Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 26th March 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of February Monthly Meeting - Christ Church Gateway shields; B.B.C. Contribution. Minutes of the Estates Committee Meeting - Red Cassocks; Surplices; Bell-ringing and Bedesmen; Bell Harry Tower turrets; Cathdral organs; Forrens 3 and 4; Burgate 22; Precincts 14E; Calendar; Reinvestment of capital; Calendar of Intercession; Choir School Committee; Cloister garth; Electricity kiosk in the Precints. Death of Mr. W. D. Caroe. Palace Street 29 to 37; improvement line. Precincts 12. Lower Halstow. Land at Seasalter. Ambulatory St. Thomas's Chapel. Chapter House - spring to door. Font. Prie-dieu for Sanctuary.
Minutes of the April Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Thursday, 21st April, and on Saturday, 23rd April 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of March Monthly Meeting. Trial of organs. Burgate 20. Burgate 22. Burgate 27. Burgate 34B. Precints 12. B.B.C. Contribution. Precincts 14E. Precints 21. Palalce Street 29 to 37. Palalce Street 59. Choir School - Mr. and Mrs. Elliott; Halford bequest; Laundry account; Mr. Pare - boarding fee; Printing pf prospectus; Cricket netting; Arrears of fees; Residence of headmaster. Cloister garth. Kent war memorial. Stand for Archiepiscopal cross. Prie-dieus for Sanctuary. Chapter investments. Box for communion breads. Cathedral music. Lower Halstow. Loss of overcoat. Lavatory under Dean's stairs. High Altar superfrontal. St. John's, Upper Norwood - request for stone. Christ Church, Canterbury, Scotstown. Nave stalls. New Statutes. Courses of addresses during Advent and Lent. Carved stone found in Cloister garth. Cloister garth.
St. John's Audit, "being a general Chapter of the Cathedral and Metropolitical Church of Christ Canterbury", held on Wednesday, 23rd, and continued on Friday, 25th, and Saturday, 26th June, 1937. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the May Monthly Meeting. Bargrave organ. Sellindge. Lower Halstow. Library; hot plate. S. Thackray. Mr. Staple. Seasalter. Cathedral boilers and Choir heating. Insurance of box for communion breads. Cathedral plate insurance. Cathedral flowers. Midday communions. Sacrist's requisition for cassocks. private meeting. Precincts roads. Mr. Gilbert's reminiscences. Cloister garth. King's School commutation and new classrooms. St. Benet, Stepney. Burgate 18. Choir School; Halford Bequest. Cathedral Stone for Walsingham. Photographs and drawings by George Austin. St. Michael's, Sittingbourne - chancel repair. Stone-in-Oxney. Precincts 23. Mr. Helmore. Chapter accounts. Appropriation account. Budget 1937/8. Corporators' drawings. Adoption of accounts. Cathedral alms fund. Precentor's and Sacrist's account. Residences. Statutes. Organist's requisition. Precincts 19 and 21. Precincts 26.