Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral--Request for Cathedral Stone(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)--Walpole Collection of Manuscripts(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Evacuation of civilians(1)
- The Deanery(2)
Minutes of the September Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 24th September, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the July Chapter meeting. Chorister Killin. Time of week-day services. Resindences for 1939. Precincts 15 bastion. King's School (evacuation in the event of war). Halford bequest. Mr. Spinks. Lympne Chancel. St. Catherine's Audit. Sir Charles Peers' report - plastic stone; external stonework on one bay of the Cloister; Dormitory Undercroft. Dean Wace's grave. Dr. Sheppard's grave. Choir music room. Office staff - A. G. Baker. Meister Omers. Sun Street 19. Burgate 21A. Choir School - assistant master; fire alarm system; scales for weighing boarders; postern keys. Vergers' gowns. Vestery clock. Lord's Prayer. Antiphons to the Venite. Alternative order of Holy Communion. Wire in Precincts. Notices. Mr. Halford - upkeep of grave. Domesday Monachorum. Charter of William I. Cloister west wall. Sun Street 17. Cathedral stone - Camelford. Mr. Barker. There is a draft letter from the Dean to Mr. Caroe, relating to the item "Plastic Stone", on the back of page 2.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 22nd September, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting. Cathedral boxes. Report of Sacrist. Rota of Preachers. Precincts 14D. Cleaning of Cathedral columns. Letter from Mis Easty. Ventilation in Eastern Crypt. Early services. Walpole MSS. Collection. State prayers at daily services. Cathedral organ. Service for doctors and nurses. Children's service. Heating of the Crypt.