Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(2)
- Halford Bequest Fund(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Minor(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cloisters(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(1)
- Canterbury Festival(1)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(1)
- Governors of Queen Anne's Bounty (Great Britain)(1)
- type script(2)
Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 25th February, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the January Monthly Meeting. Archdeacon Sopwith. Archdeacon Hardcastle [retirement]. Private Meetings - recording of minutes. Minutes of the Estates Committee meeting, February 17th - Precincts 10; Saxon pocket sundial; Burgate 21A. Choir School Committee minutes, February 7th - Maid's room; Successor to Mr. Link; P. J. Baker, lay clerk. Extracts from Minutes of the Council Meeting of the Friends, February 4th - Mr. A. G. Halford, upkeep of grave; Cathedral festivals; undercroft of Howley Library; Repair of cathedral books; Report of Drama Sub-committee; Archdeacon of Canterbury; Rebuilding of the Cathedral organ; Blank shields of arms. Christ Church Gate - niche. St. John's Audit, 1939. Burgate 25. Vergers' gowns. Organ maintenance. Dean Wace, grave stone. Lay clerks' agreements. New statutes. Private business - Salary of the precentor; Grant to mrs. Poole; Salry of the organist; Lay clerk Johnson; Salary of the Vesturer.
Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 25th March, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting - Precincts 29; Saxon pocket sundial; Burgate 21A - Mr. Chissell; Undercroft of Howley Library; Christ Church Gateway; Vergers' gowns. Pigeons. Salary of Organist. Salary of Precentor. F. J. Millen. Halford Bequest. Burgate 11/12. Burgate 21C. Palalce Street 44. Rev. G. W. Lampe. Meister Omers. Living of Deopham. Q.A.B. (Powers) Measure, 1937. East Horsley, sale of [Cromwellian] flagons. New Statutes. New Music. Cathedral key and postern keys. Hammond organ wiring. Office duplicator. Letter of thanks from Miss Poole.