Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(9)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(9)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Tithes(8)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(8)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(7)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Classrooms(6)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Salaries(5)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(5)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(5)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(4)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(4)
- Halford Bequest Fund(4)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(4)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(4)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Honorary(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Sanatorium(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral--Request for Cathedral Stone(2)
- Irish Republican Army (I.R.A.)(2)
- Stone-in-Oxney and Appledore (England)--Union of Benefices(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts--Infirmary ruins(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts--Ramsay Family Vault(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts--Tree of Heaven(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Minor(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cloisters(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Guides(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Offertory Fund(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes--Dissolution of the Dean and Chapter(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vergers(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral. Friends--Offices(1)
- Canterbury City Council--Town Planning Scheme(1)
- Canterbury Festival(1)
- Canterbury French Church(1)
- Canterbury. Parish of St. Gregory's(1)
- Cong d'Elire(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Commutation scheme(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Laboratory(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Milner Memorial Trust(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)--Walpole Collection of Manuscripts(1)
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 14th January 1938. The following items were discussed - Milner memorial Trust. Leases to King's School. Tress in Deanery and Precincts 15 gardens. Cloister garth. Burgate 21B. Precincts 14E. Forrens 4. Burgate 22. Precincts 6. Burgate 25. J. A. Chambers. Treasury safe keys. Christ Church gateway, central niche. Chapter House charges. All Saints Maidstone, chancel. Choir School - Mr. Charles' appointment; contracts; prospectus. Electricity kiosk in Precincts. St. John's Chapel. Cathedrals alms. Seasalter. Cathedral handbooks. Mr. Bligh and loudspeakers. Precincts 18.
St. John's Audit, "being a general Chapter of the Cathedral and Metropolitical Church of Christ Canterbury", held on Thursday, 23rd, and continued on Saturday, 25th, Tuesday, 28th, and Wednesday, 29th June, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes from May Monthly meeting. Hammond organ. Stand for Archbishop's cross. Gret Cloister - west wall. Christ Church Gateway - central niche. High Altar. Crucifix. Knowler memorial. Door at North end of tunnel. Halford Bequest. Use of proper psalms and sentences of Scriptures. Vice-Dean and special services. Choir School. Mr. Charles' furnishings. King's School interest on monies advanced by the Chapter. Tablets of Saravia and Colfe. Sun Street 17. Gatekeeper. Hales Memorial. Flower-stands. Christ Church Gateway - shields. Colouring of tombs, etc. Extracts from Minutes of Friends' Council Meeteing - Wax Chamber - design for door; tomb of Archbishop Morton; pigeons in the Precincts; Undercroft of Dormitory. Robinson-Harrison casket. Reconstruction fo the Annunciation. Canterbury Lectionary. Precentor and Sacrist. Precincts 26/27. South-West entrance - paving. Cathedral Stone Cross - Bishop of Dornakal. St. Peter's Maidstone - Cathedral stone. Eythorne - cathedral stone. Burgate 22. Mr. A. J. Johnson. Agent's report. Precincts lighting. Cricifix. Ringing of bell. Chapter accounts. Appropriation accounts. Audit of Chapter books. Adoption of accounts. Budget 1938/39. Corporators' drawings. Stipendiaries, and pension scheme for Canons. Reinvestment of capital. Scouts camp equipment. Cathedral Alms Fund. Cleaning of Stonework. Vergers' bonus. Lime tree, Precincts 14.
Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 25th February, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the January Monthly Meeting. Archdeacon Sopwith. Archdeacon Hardcastle [retirement]. Private Meetings - recording of minutes. Minutes of the Estates Committee meeting, February 17th - Precincts 10; Saxon pocket sundial; Burgate 21A. Choir School Committee minutes, February 7th - Maid's room; Successor to Mr. Link; P. J. Baker, lay clerk. Extracts from Minutes of the Council Meeting of the Friends, February 4th - Mr. A. G. Halford, upkeep of grave; Cathedral festivals; undercroft of Howley Library; Repair of cathedral books; Report of Drama Sub-committee; Archdeacon of Canterbury; Rebuilding of the Cathedral organ; Blank shields of arms. Christ Church Gate - niche. St. John's Audit, 1939. Burgate 25. Vergers' gowns. Organ maintenance. Dean Wace, grave stone. Lay clerks' agreements. New statutes. Private business - Salary of the precentor; Grant to mrs. Poole; Salry of the organist; Lay clerk Johnson; Salary of the Vesturer.
Minutes of the May Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 27th May, 1939. The following items were discussed - Chapter accounts. Chancels Fund. Enthronement Fund. Dean's loan account. Plastic works in Cloisters. Appropriation accounts. Voluntary offerings. Choir School accounts. Budget 1939/40. Salaries of Precentor and organist. Corporators' drawings. Adoption of accounts. Precautions against [I.R.A.] bomb outrages. Minutes of the April Monthly meeting - Meeting of Greater Chapter; A.R.P. [air raid precautions] and W. Gardner; Seats in Cathedral for Bishops; Number of lay clerks; King's School accounts. Minutes of the Estates Committee - Precints 29; Vulcanizing machine; Cathedral fire-squad. Pathways. North entrance to the Choir. Collections for Church Schools. Use and Ceremonial. Weekly Chapter meetings.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 2nd June, 1939. The following items were discussed - Visit of Sir Charles Peers. Minutes of the May Monthly meeting - Salaries of Precentor and Organist; Plastic work in Cloisters; Dean and Canons' pension fund; Voluntary offerings. Kent War Memorial wall. Chapter works staff outing. Mr. Clegg, tenor lay clerk. Tithe arrears - Minster Sheppey. Halford bequest. Palalce Street 44. Sun Street 14, 15 and 16. City wall at the Deanery and Precincts 18. Choir School Minutes - Garden; Prospectus; Typewriter and office files etc.; Assistant master; Extra accomodation; Scholarships. Tunstall Glebe. Hire of Scaffolding. Cathedral organ. Lighting of the Choir.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 9th June, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting - Deans and Canons pension fund; precautions against (I.R.A.) bomb outrages; Cathedral fire squad; Meister Omers; Infirmary ruins; Tunstall Glebe; Lighting of the Choir; Diamond Proprietary Mints Ltd. Cathedral vergers ang guides. National Service. Loudspeakers. Bell Harry tower. Precincts 29. Burgate 23. Burgate 32. Cost of printing. Cassocks and surplices. Precincts 4. Mr. Tophill. Palace Street 44.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 27th October, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting - Choir School; Windows in Cathedral. Protection of Cathedral [A.R.P, air raid precautions]. Division of tithe arrears. Open trenches. Choir School - Refrigerator; Houseman; Cooking arrangements. Chapter works staff. Precincts 11D. Organ. Armistice Day and Sunday. South-west door. Responsibility of Vice-Dean during an air raid. Bell Harry Tower. Canons' scarves. Chronicle of the Friends. Celebrations. Intercession services. Chapter estate. Includes pencilled annotations.
- image unavailable
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 15th January 1937. The following items were discussed - Precincts 14E. Precincts 18. Precints 12. Precincts 28 and Precincts 25. King's School Accounts. Precincts 23, 24 and Forrens 1. Palace Street 55. Burgate 22. King's School Classrooms. Loss of Cathedral Key. Bell Harry Tower. Cathedral Boilers. Insurance of Boilers. Library Undercroft. Cathedral Electric Lighting and Power. Stipend of Acting Organist. A. G. Baker, Office Staff. Pension Fund. Mr. Street. Grants - Clergy Widows and Orphans Fund, and Education Society.