Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(2)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Honorary(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. Catherine's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Pensions(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Salaries(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Stained Glass(1)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(1)
These filters define your current search;
click on a filter to remove. Or
Start a new search
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 8th December, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of St. Catherine's Audit and of a weekly meeting held on December 1st (minutes not included in this collection) - King's School; Broadcasting. Recital of music. Crucufix. Cathedral heating. Organists' pensions. Broad Street 81. Funeral fees. Friends' Chronicle. Burgate 34A. Paddock Wood. Bell Harry [tower] and masons' work. Next meeting.
Minutes of the December Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 31st December, 1938. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the St. Catherine's Audit. Minutes of the Estates Committee meeting - Burgate 19; Burgate 29/30. Choir School piano. Cathedral organ. P. J. Baker, lay clerk. A. J. Johnson, lay clerk. New lay clerk's conditions of service. Air raid precautions. King's School. Burgate 11/12. Sun Street 20A. Precincts 29.Ancient glass. Archbishop Hubert Walter chalice and paten. Saxon poxket sundial. Estates Committee. Inglis correspondence, Howley Library. January Chapter Meeting. Use of special prayers. Gate keys. Choir School - Mr. Hart; Mr. Pare. Cathedral heating.
Minutes of a meeting of the Estates Committee, held on Friday, 13th January, 1939. The following items were discussed - Miss Helmore. Burgate 20. Burgate 27. Burgate 35. Precincts 29. Bell Harry Tower turrets. Cathedral organ. Lime tree. Saxon pocket sundial. Christ Church Gate keys. Sun Street 14/16. Agent absent due to indisposition.
Minutes of the April Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Wednesday, 26th April, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting - Deopham; Saxon pocket sundial; Rev. G. W. Lampe; Choir School. The Greater Chapter. Minutes of the Estates Committee, 14th April, 1939 - Christ Church Gate; Friends' Festival; Westcliffe Chancel; Air raid precautions. Ceremonial and use at the Eucharist. Installation fees. Seats in Cathedral for Bishops. Caution money. Burgate 12. Burgate 29/30. Sun Street 14/16. Bell Harry Tower. Salary of Precentor. Salary of Organist. Choir School piano. Number of lay clerks. Cathedral printing. Undercroft of Howley Library. Cathedral flowers. Choir School fees outstanding. King's School account. Rev. Dr. C. S. Phillips.