Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Boucicault Collection(40)
- Calthrop Boucicault Collection(40)
- Boucicault Collections(4)
- Fawkes Boucicault Collection(4)
- Foulkes Collection(2)
- theatre programme(12)
- press cuttings(5)
- publicity material(1)
- theatre flyer(1)
- 64, Dame Street & Dublin & Leinster & Eire(2)
- Department of Drama, University of Manchester & Manchester & England(2)
- Flat 1, 26 Albemarle Road & Beckenham & Kent & England(2)
- 104, St. Brendan's Park & Tralee & Kerry & Eire(1)
- 110 Rathdown Park & Greystone & Wicklow & Eire(1)
- 18, Northumberland Road & Dublin & Leinster & Eire(1)
- 24, Bromefield & Stanmore & Middlesex & England(1)
- 29 Chelverton Road & & London & England(1)
- 3, Beech Park Drive & Foxrock, Co. Dublin & Leinster & Eire(1)
- 64, Dame Street & Dublin & Leinster & Eire(1)
- City Librarian's Department, Public Library, Pearse Street & Dublin & Leinster & Eire(1)
- Hurley Manor & Hurley & Berkshire & England(1)
- Majestic Hotel, 41 Fitzwilliam Street & Dublin & Leinster & Eire(1)
- Mermaid Theatre, Puddle Dock & Blackfriars & London & England(1)
- National Gallery of Ireland, Merrion Square West & Dublin & Leinster & Eire(1)
- National Theatre, Upper Ground & South Bank & London & England(1)
- Oxford University Press, Ely House, 37 Dover Street & Mayfair & London & England(1)
- Playhouse Theatre & Sheffield & South Yorkshire & England(1)
- Questors Theatre, Mattock Lane & Ealing & London & England(1)
- Radio Telefis Eireann, Henry Street & Dublin & Leinster & Eire(1)
- Royal Lyceum Theatre, Grindley Street & Edinburgh & West Lothian & Scotland(1)
- Sadler's Wells, Rosebery Avenue & Islington & London & England(1)
- Theatre Arts Department, Humboldt State University & Arcata & California & United States of America(1)
- Theatre Royal, St. Leonard's Place & York & Yorkshire & England(1)
- Town House, 47/48 Gardiner Street Lr & Dublin & Leinster & Eire(1)
- University of Guelph & Guelph & Ontario & Canada(1)
- Walter Hampden - Edwin Booth Theatre Collection and Library, 16 Gramercy Park & New York & New York & United States of America(1)
These filters define your current search;
click on a filter to remove. Or
Start a new search
Pictorial poster advertising THE SHAUGHRAUN at the Abbey Theatre. There is no date, but the production advertised is likely to be that in 1967, starring Cyril Cusack. The poster is a rough painting which shows a stage on which Conn, the Shaughraun is perched on a barrel, lifting a tankard in one hand and holding a bottle in the other. His clothes correspond to the costume worn by Cyril Cusack for this production.
A collection of 10 newspaper cuttings relating to the Abbey Theatre's Irish language production of THE COLLEEN BAWN (An Cailn Bn) in 1967. Two cuttings from the Irish Times review the tour of the production along the west coast of Ireland (19 and 21 September 1967). Four cuttings, all dated 27 December 1967, review the production in Dublin on December 26 (Irish Press, in Irish; Irish Independent; two from the Irish Times, referring particularly to Christopher Calthrop's attendance of the event). One cutting, an article by Gabriel Fallon from the Evening Press, December 4, 1967, takes the opportunity to consider Boucicault's career. Three cuttings from the Irish Times (December 28, January 1 and 12) discuss Boucicault's reputation as the creator of stage-Irishman figures at the turn of the century; two of these pieces are Quidnunc's column 'An Irishman's Diary', one is a letter to the editor by G. C. Duggan, author of the book The Stage Irishman.
A collection of 10 newspaper cuttings relating to the Abbey Theatre's production of THE COLLEEN BAWN in August 1998; 1 article on Boucicault's career, Irish Times, 6 August (2 original copies, plus one photocopy); 1 review Irish Independent (13 August, in two pieces - items 6and 7, plus two photocopies) 2 reviews Irish Times, both by David Nowlan (13 and 14 August, plus two photocopies of one of these); 1 advert for the production (newspaper unknown); a copy of the Event Guide, 12-25 August, with a staged photo of two of the actors from THE COLLEEN BAWN on the cover and an advert for the production on page 2; 1 review from an unknown paper, no date; 1 page of the Irish Times entertainment listings, 13 August, advertising the production.
- image unavailable
- image unavailable
Black and white photograph of Christopher Calthrop outside an entrance to the Abbey Theatre, Dublin. A poster for the production of THE SHAUGHRAUN, "from January 31st 1967", is fixed to the door (this is not the same poster as F190443). Calthrop is holding a copy of the Dolmen Press edition (1964) of a selection of Boucicault's plays.
Black and white photograph of Christopher Calthrop with a poster for the production of THE SHAUGHRAUN at the Abbey Theatre, Dublin, "from January 31st 1967" (this is not the same poster as F190443). Calthrop is holding a copy of the Dolmen Press edition (1964) of a selection of Boucicault's plays.
- image unavailable
Black and white publicity photograph, possibly taken during the Abbey Theatre Touring Company's tour of the Irish language version of THE COLLEEN BAWN (An Cailn Bn) on the west coast of Ireland. The photograph shows Anne Chute (probably Mire N Nill) in a black riding habit and black high-crowned hat trimmed with feathers, holding a riding crop; she is seated on a low wall next to Kyrle Daly (probably Seosamh O Dubhlainn) in a tailcoat with velvet-trimmed collar and riding boots, holding a pipe. Two small boys in normal clothing are sitting on the same wall a few yards to the left, looking at the couple. Village and sea in the background.