Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(4)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Honorary(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(2)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(2)
- Halford Bequest Fund(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Canons Minor(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. Catherine's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Salaries(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Statutes(1)
- Governors of Queen Anne's Bounty (Great Britain)(1)
- Howley, William, Rev., 1766-1848 (archbishop of Canterbury)--Portrait(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(1)
- Stone-in-Oxney and Appledore (England)--Union of Benefices(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(1)
- type script(4)
These filters define your current search;
click on a filter to remove. Or
Start a new search
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit
Minutes of the May Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 28th May, 1938. The following items were discussed - Trial of organs. Choir School. Minutes of the April Monthly meeting. Position of Vice-Dean's substitute. All Hallows, Lombard Street. Door at north end of tunnel. Openings in Dormitory garden. Burgate 34B. Precincts 14B. Gatekeeper, Christ Church Gate. Chapter Office - A. G. Barker. Halford bequest. Great Cloister, west wall. Masonic installation. Matters arisinf from Residence. Dates of St. John's Audit, 1938.
Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 25th March, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting - Precincts 29; Saxon pocket sundial; Burgate 21A - Mr. Chissell; Undercroft of Howley Library; Christ Church Gateway; Vergers' gowns. Pigeons. Salary of Organist. Salary of Precentor. F. J. Millen. Halford Bequest. Burgate 11/12. Burgate 21C. Palalce Street 44. Rev. G. W. Lampe. Meister Omers. Living of Deopham. Q.A.B. (Powers) Measure, 1937. East Horsley, sale of [Cromwellian] flagons. New Statutes. New Music. Cathedral key and postern keys. Hammond organ wiring. Office duplicator. Letter of thanks from Miss Poole.
Minutes of the April Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Wednesday, 26th April, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting - Deopham; Saxon pocket sundial; Rev. G. W. Lampe; Choir School. The Greater Chapter. Minutes of the Estates Committee, 14th April, 1939 - Christ Church Gate; Friends' Festival; Westcliffe Chancel; Air raid precautions. Ceremonial and use at the Eucharist. Installation fees. Seats in Cathedral for Bishops. Caution money. Burgate 12. Burgate 29/30. Sun Street 14/16. Bell Harry Tower. Salary of Precentor. Salary of Organist. Choir School piano. Number of lay clerks. Cathedral printing. Undercroft of Howley Library. Cathedral flowers. Choir School fees outstanding. King's School account. Rev. Dr. C. S. Phillips.
Minutes of the July Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 31st July 1937. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the St. John's Audit, the Private Meeting of 1st July, and the Special meeting of 20th July. Library hot-plate. Precincts 19. Burgate improvement scheme. Mint Yard Gate. Use of St. John's Chapel. Next Chapter meeting. Cathedral roof damage -- property owners' liability. Fees, Choir School - Peaks-Wood. Allocation of dutues, Precentor and sacrist. Cathedral Choir heating. Processional cross; and nave altar cross and candlesticks. Portrait of Archbishop Howley. Christ Church Gateway - lighting. Burgate 15. Precincts 21. Broard Street 81. Precincts 26 and 27 - lease; plans; panelling; Mr. Helmore's removal expenses. Stone-in-Oxney. Lower halstow. Halford bequest. Trust deed - box for communion breads. Office of Treasurer. Safe in Treasury. Faversham Voluntary Church rate. Choir School - assistant master; doorhandles; headmaster's expenses; aga cooker; tables and benches; 11th-century stone.