Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cloisters(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(1)
- Canterbury Festival(1)
- Halford Bequest Fund(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(1)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(1)
- The Deanery(2)
Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 25th February, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the January Monthly Meeting. Archdeacon Sopwith. Archdeacon Hardcastle [retirement]. Private Meetings - recording of minutes. Minutes of the Estates Committee meeting, February 17th - Precincts 10; Saxon pocket sundial; Burgate 21A. Choir School Committee minutes, February 7th - Maid's room; Successor to Mr. Link; P. J. Baker, lay clerk. Extracts from Minutes of the Council Meeting of the Friends, February 4th - Mr. A. G. Halford, upkeep of grave; Cathedral festivals; undercroft of Howley Library; Repair of cathedral books; Report of Drama Sub-committee; Archdeacon of Canterbury; Rebuilding of the Cathedral organ; Blank shields of arms. Christ Church Gate - niche. St. John's Audit, 1939. Burgate 25. Vergers' gowns. Organ maintenance. Dean Wace, grave stone. Lay clerks' agreements. New statutes. Private business - Salary of the precentor; Grant to mrs. Poole; Salry of the organist; Lay clerk Johnson; Salary of the Vesturer.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 24th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting. Religious Drama Society. Sunday Evensong. Christmas services. Friends' Council; and Friends' Chronicle. Mr. Hart. King's School. Pension fund. Forrens scheme. Burgate 15A and B. Burgate 22. Broadcasting. Organ.