Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(3)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Tithes(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Salaries(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Lay Clerks(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services(2)
- King's School (Canterbury, England)(2)
- World War, 1939-1945--Civil defence, Canterbury(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral Precincts, Building Works and Repairs(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Seasalter Land Sale(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cloisters(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Services--Broadcasts(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Vestments(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral. Friends--Offices(1)
- Canterbury Festival(1)
- Church of England, Livings and Benefices(1)
- Halford Bequest Fund(1)
- Irish Republican Army (I.R.A.)(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Classrooms(1)
Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 25th February, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the January Monthly Meeting. Archdeacon Sopwith. Archdeacon Hardcastle [retirement]. Private Meetings - recording of minutes. Minutes of the Estates Committee meeting, February 17th - Precincts 10; Saxon pocket sundial; Burgate 21A. Choir School Committee minutes, February 7th - Maid's room; Successor to Mr. Link; P. J. Baker, lay clerk. Extracts from Minutes of the Council Meeting of the Friends, February 4th - Mr. A. G. Halford, upkeep of grave; Cathedral festivals; undercroft of Howley Library; Repair of cathedral books; Report of Drama Sub-committee; Archdeacon of Canterbury; Rebuilding of the Cathedral organ; Blank shields of arms. Christ Church Gate - niche. St. John's Audit, 1939. Burgate 25. Vergers' gowns. Organ maintenance. Dean Wace, grave stone. Lay clerks' agreements. New statutes. Private business - Salary of the precentor; Grant to mrs. Poole; Salry of the organist; Lay clerk Johnson; Salary of the Vesturer.
Minutes of the May Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 27th May, 1939. The following items were discussed - Chapter accounts. Chancels Fund. Enthronement Fund. Dean's loan account. Plastic works in Cloisters. Appropriation accounts. Voluntary offerings. Choir School accounts. Budget 1939/40. Salaries of Precentor and organist. Corporators' drawings. Adoption of accounts. Precautions against [I.R.A.] bomb outrages. Minutes of the April Monthly meeting - Meeting of Greater Chapter; A.R.P. [air raid precautions] and W. Gardner; Seats in Cathedral for Bishops; Number of lay clerks; King's School accounts. Minutes of the Estates Committee - Precints 29; Vulcanizing machine; Cathedral fire-squad. Pathways. North entrance to the Choir. Collections for Church Schools. Use and Ceremonial. Weekly Chapter meetings.
- image unavailable
Minutes of the St. Catherine's Audit and Chapter, 1937, held on Thursday, 25th, and continued on Friday, 26th, and Saturday, 27th November, 1937. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the October Monthly meeting - Stone-in-Oxney; Fresco, Meister Omers; Precincts 19, iron grille; garden of Precincts 18; Exning with Landwade; Mr. Kelway, verger; Mr. Chambers, lay clerk. Lay Clerks' vestry and flower room. Extracts from Minutes of Friends' Council meeting - Precincts 3; cleaning of stone and marble; monument to Archbishop Morton. King's School commutation. Land at Seasalter. Tithe, Littlebourne. Precincts 14. Distribution of audit alms. Appointment of Receiver (T. K. Sopwith). Appointment of Treasurer (E. Hardcastle). Key audit. Cathedral alms fund. Dr. Sheppard's funeral expenses. Librarian's report. Precentor's report. Election of Precentor (J. H. A. Charles). Minor canons and period of appointment. Sacrist's report. Appointment of Sacrist (J. W. Poole). Friend's Council Meeting - Wax Chamber, safety of access; Christmas crib; levelling of the cloister garth, cleaning of west wall and treatment of ribs. King's School - headmaster's report. Kent and Canterbury Hospital. Application to keep dog. Forrens 4. Precincts 18 - dilapidations. Kneeling in choir. Cope chest. Committee of Ways and Means. Choir School Committee. New Statutes. All Saints, Maidstone; chancel. Special meeting.
Minutes of the Weekly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Friday, 24th November, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the previous weekly meeting. Religious Drama Society. Sunday Evensong. Christmas services. Friends' Council; and Friends' Chronicle. Mr. Hart. King's School. Pension fund. Forrens scheme. Burgate 15A and B. Burgate 22. Broadcasting. Organ.