Search/browse theatre collections
Refine your search using these filters,
or supply your own search term or phrase.
- Canterbury Cathedral, Music(2)
- Halford Bequest Fund(2)
- Canterbury Cathedral Library(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Finances and Investments(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--Pensions(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Cathedral Chapter--St. John's Audit(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Choir School(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Christ Church Gateway(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Employees--Salaries(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Friends(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Properties--Leases and tenancies(1)
- Canterbury Cathedral, Wax Chamber(1)
- Canterbury Festival(1)
- King's School (Canterbury, England), Classrooms(1)
- The Deanery(2)
Minutes of the February Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 25th February, 1939. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the January Monthly Meeting. Archdeacon Sopwith. Archdeacon Hardcastle [retirement]. Private Meetings - recording of minutes. Minutes of the Estates Committee meeting, February 17th - Precincts 10; Saxon pocket sundial; Burgate 21A. Choir School Committee minutes, February 7th - Maid's room; Successor to Mr. Link; P. J. Baker, lay clerk. Extracts from Minutes of the Council Meeting of the Friends, February 4th - Mr. A. G. Halford, upkeep of grave; Cathedral festivals; undercroft of Howley Library; Repair of cathedral books; Report of Drama Sub-committee; Archdeacon of Canterbury; Rebuilding of the Cathedral organ; Blank shields of arms. Christ Church Gate - niche. St. John's Audit, 1939. Burgate 25. Vergers' gowns. Organ maintenance. Dean Wace, grave stone. Lay clerks' agreements. New statutes. Private business - Salary of the precentor; Grant to mrs. Poole; Salry of the organist; Lay clerk Johnson; Salary of the Vesturer.
Minutes of the April Monthly Meeting of the Chapter, held on Saturday, 24th April 1937, and its continuation on Monday, April 26th. The following items were discussed - Minutes of the March Monthly Meeting. Coronation Service. Livings - Stone-in-Oxney, Lower Halstow. Pillar in Crypt. Stand for Archiescopal Cross. Cathedral boilers; fuel oil. Cleaning of the font. Sacrist's requisition forms, and music account. Oak benches. Undercroft of Library. Undercroft of Dormitory - north end. Almonry Gateway. Shields on the roof of the Chapel of Edward the Confessor. Tomb of Archbishop Courtenay. Precincts 3. Tomb of Henry IV - removal of railings. Great Cloister. Wax Chamber. Choristers Blundell and Johnson. Choir School fees. Instrumental music tuition fees. Burgate 20 - Messrs. Carver and Staniforth. Sun Street 20A - top flat. Postern key. St. John's Audit. King's School - commutation. Mr. Helmore and extension of classrooms. Confirmation of contract for new classrooms. Choir School.